re stipple effect + k rend stipple base

Members online

jeepster

hi, our house has that mock tudor effect near the top of the gable

the rendered area has 3 panels of render

one of the panels needs redoing, its a panel thats about 700mm by 1300 mm

jus the boitom part has blown

the other panels are great, they have a stipple effect finish

we are hoping to redo the blown render and apply a finish that more or less matches the other panels that arent blown.

Its a stipple finish, which i have been told can be done by a special roller or dabbing the surface of the render..

i am going to practice obtaining the finish we want being doing it for real

my question is this - can we paint over k rend stipple base or will we have to render over that then stipple the top coat so to speak.

Are you sure it’s k rend? They used to render then put high build on top and roller that sometimes with a piece of down pipe on top to get that ghastly bark effect. Not seen it done for about thirty years though

hi, house was buildt in 1996,

only going to repair one area thats seperated from the other panels by wooden strips.

i dont know wether we can get a decent stipple effect on sand / cement render.

the stuff thats on there now is less than 15mm thick

were trying to match the finish as much as anything else and came across the k rend stipple on their web site

Just do the lot again it’s not a massive area, makes more sense than trying to match the other 2. Pick the finish of your choice then. Will more than likely be high build.

Depends what it looks like, just have to keep trying till you get a match. Have you no pictures of it? Roller, brushes, sponge, stipple pad. By the time you’ve dicked about with it you could of done all 3. Chances are you’ll do it think it looks alright get down off the Scaff stand back and it won’t match. By then it’s to late your doing it again.

hi all, thanks for the responses, well we decided to get the pros in, first chap came along with a bolster and hammer and wasnt able to remove the existing stuff so said he would sand and cement over the top of it. he didnt feel too well and didnt come back. weve found someone else, they quoted 400 to remove the existing and redo in sand / cement or 600 to do it in k rend.

my misses wants a stipple type effect, ive spoken to webber and they sent me a sample of flexirend, its a high build paint. i am going to remove all of the existing, using a breaker, then i need to find something to apply to the wall to give me a level surface to apply the paint to.

what ever i use it has to be thin, as its an infill between the wood. i had thought about using render board fixed to the wall then paint directly over that, or a thin render system.

i am not a plasterer and if it was a complete wall i wouldnt even dream of having a go at this

i am going to call webber on monday and ask what they would recommend as a base coat for the flexi rend, what would you all suggest. it needs to be thin