Recomended trowel

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make mine a Marshalltown everytime! They don't make them with wooden handles though. I think Tyzak do and they're a good make too...

my ideal trowel would have the feel of a tyzack the durability of a marshalltown and not permashape but a slight banana curve
ive gone off permashape because it was bending too much and i was getting misses in angles of the toe and the heel anyone else? (or is it just me.....................................again ;D)

either a marshalltown extra lite or tyzack premier both are very good trowels , carbon or stainless the choice is yours you might have shop around for a wooden handled Mt but refina sell replacement wooden handles anyway.

Down to personal preference at the end of the day. My personal fave is my 13" Carbon Tyzack which to be much better balanced than my MT. Trial and error I guess.

been using a 20" refina for about 3 years and i can say its the dogs b******s.

Thats mental you use a 20" trowel you must have arms like hurcules lol. Got a mate who use's a 20 but only for laying on, drops back dow to 14 marshaltown for troweling. Personally i have always used a 13x5 marshaltown well its more like a 11x3 now lol and it has a wooden handle. just started using a 14 for laying on and roughing, dont think i will be going any bigger.

its a myth you need arms like herculies, its exactly the same as a smaller trowel, same technique just less strokes. Also im a short arse and it makes me taller.  ;)

Ha ha ha yeah i know my mates a short ass the one who got the 20 incher but he seems to get on with it, just not my thing you get used to one thing and its hard to change.

i know an italian bloke that lays on with a 2 foot trowel, its got like a d handle on it, uses 2 hands, loads the trowel direct from the bucket with a bucket trowel, no hawk...trowels up with an 11"...never seen owt like it...fast though...

13" marshalltown permashape, been using them for a few years now and think they're class. Did use 18" Marshalltown for a while a couple of years ago to lay in but now back to old tried and tested.

Status
Not open for further replies.