Refina poor quality for money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrskim1

I have brought alot of refina products over the last year or 2 and my corner trowels and dabbing trowels have all come apart and also my s*p*r*lex trowel fell off my bucket now the corner is well bent and now usable so I think for the money it's poor quality when compared to MT go on for years

s*p*r*lex trowels are quite well known for being fragile :-\

I cant comment on the quality though of the other tools as I don't have any experience with them... have you contacted them directly and asked them as that would be my first port of call :)

Welcome to the Plasterers forum by the way :D

Danny

can't blame the makers for how you mishandle the trowel, moral of the story - don't drop or allow the trowel to fall

Agree completely about the trowels (don't drop them).
Can't really comment about the other refina tools as I don't use them but I should imagine if there nailed together with the normal ruthless German efficiency they should be fairly bullet proof, give refina a bell and test there er legendary customer service.

tie all your tools to bits of string around your arms and neck.................:RpS_thumbsup:. Av never dropped a trowel since

It's how u loòk after them but hey our tools are cheap enough out of most trades so who cares :RpS_thumbup:

I have brought alot of refina products over the last year or 2 and my corner trowels and dabbing trowels have all come apart and also my s*p*r*lex trowel fell off my bucket now the corner is well bent and now usable so I think for the money it's poor quality when compared to MT go on for years

If you dropped an egg and it broke I suppose that's the chickens' fault is it? :RpS_lol:

I know it was my fault that's fair enough but it only fell from a bucket height and u all know when your normal trowel marshalltown or whatever it's normally fine or a little sand out but to bend in the corner which then makes it dig severely is bad, and also wanted to get your opinions about them as a brand I am not being funny

I know it was my fault that's fair enough but it only fell from a bucket height and u all know when your normal trowel marshalltown or whatever it's normally fine or a little sand out but to bend in the corner which then makes it dig severely is bad, and also wanted to get your opinions about them as a brand I am not being funny

The refina s*p*r*lex is an awesome trowel, its the flexibility that makes it so great.
If they make it from thicker gauge steel to stop it bending if someone happens to drop one, then it ceases to be flexible and therefore stops being great and just becomes a premium which is only useful for scraping the floor with.

Great trowels the s*p*r*lex I have two an 18 and a 14 and my bucket trowel internal trowel and drill the 75 litre mixing bucket and scoop never had a prob with any of it tbh good gear

Yh they are very good trowels when not dropped lool but what I've found is that my worn in marshalltown Trowel does that same job and comes out like glass because we all manged perfectly before all these different trowels come on the scene would u agree lol so why do start buying them

Is this a fcuking wind up.
Got a £40 voucher off of refina after I complained that their drills were cheaper elsewhere, they had offered to take it back even used and refund me ,I said I'd keep it and they gave me a £40 voucher,can't say fairer than that ,excellent service,great tools .

Cool - my mate at college got Nela flexi - I like it but he dropped it and kink badly - so wanted to try s*p*r*lex from refina as better quality ? Seen Marshy's website and he's good so he use refina ones ?

@brandon its up to you mate I know which I prefer and gone back to my trusty MTs this week after my Refina s*p*r*lex went Pete Tong but they only last around 12month (so Refina say) before I get sued! Can't speak for the other make of trowel (again I'l get sued) shame you can't "try before you buy" if your local to me?? Lancashire will sort it that you can try my new Refina and my mates Nela?? How's that?? Won't cost you anything either! :RpS_thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice one Marshy , ok will buy refina s*p*r*lex and try it for myself. Did try my mates' Nela and they are great but worried about kinking easily - need invent protector for it ?

That's kind of you to say Brandon but can't help thinking your called "Ryan" ???? :-0:RpS_unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.