refina skimming trowel

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

cassie

just bought a refina 16' stainless finishing trowel, anyone used one ?? its the normal trowel, not the s*p*r*lex one.

no only used the s*p*r*lex,, thought about getting one,, lets us know what its like once you've used it a while

just fancied a new trowel mate, mines a bit hammered now, still trying to convince myself with the s*p*r*lex...lol

wanted the 15'' but had to wait for it ( fuk that.. big kid..lol ) so went for the 16'' great service from refina, came next day, same with a mono rubbing up scratcher I got from them a few week back, cant see the extra 2'' making much difference from my 14'' trowel... and their german, so should be good....

is says so mate, not as bent as the M/T.. but looks ok.. looks a nice trowel, I;ll post what its like next week... i must be turning G** with you lot getting me trying all sorts.. lol...
biggest ive had is a 14'' hope the 16'' is ok....lol...and its 4 3/4'' wide, so feels different to my old trowel...

Gonna order a 14" one and see what the fuss is about. Is it just used for flattening and polishing?

you wont be sorry stuart i did the same last week gave in and ordered one took me a couple of small sets to get used to it but even whilst i was getting used to it, it was still mustard. now after only using it 3 days i love it

After u second coat how long do u wait to hit it with the s*p*r*lex
I dont leave it very long, washout and a quick brew and straight on it. Last 2 trowels i get on early to avoid using any water, for 30 quid mate i cant recomend these trowels highly enough.

agreed although i use mine right the way through the set same as malc.

clemo i havent used it on mp but i have used mp and i have the s*p*r*lex and i reckon the way mp spreads and trowels in the s*p*r*lex would be the dogs wobblers with the mp

ordered one today... ( came out the closet ) had to back order one tho, there getting some in soon, no 14,s in stock... bolox..lol

I fancy one but the only thing putting me off is my tennis elbow seems to be worse when I used a14" trowel but is far better witha 13", suppose I will have to give it a go going by the positive remarks on here, u might see it on eBay next week if it's no good to me

Status
Not open for further replies.