Render a Retaining Garden Wall of Thermalite 7n & Engineering Reds ?

Kaiz83

Help/Knowledge please !!

9 inch wall 800mm x 10m built in class b eng's with 1 course of thermalite flat on top .. Concrete would of been better but its what I had so I used them. I have been wetting them most days to take out the worst suction. I am rendering the wall, I have bonded the corner beads on with exterior masonry grip fill no more nails. All joint beds and perps are recessed, grinded a few criss crosses over here & there ..

My concern is what render mix best to use for scratch and final coats but mainly what to do with regards best way/how to sbr slurry prime or if add to initial scratch coat.

I kno I have 2 different backgrounds tho it only 1 course of thermalite shouldn't think that is too much of an issue !!

I was thinking an sbr, cement, a little water mix to a slurry paint/roll it on thin layer and then half hour or so start with scratch coat. Scratch coat I was going to Do 4 sand, 1 sharp & 1 cement .. Finish coat 5 sand, 1 sharp, 1 cement & 1/2 lime. Adding a bit of feb mix to each gauge ...

Please let me kno what you think iv done a bit of render here & there just a few repair bits, so im no plasterer ! Wall has weep holes where necessary, shingled up on the retaining side and a patio is being laid on face side !!

Any Good advice would be greatly appreciated ☝☝