Render blues

Members online

rossifan

Bloody heat!!!

Was geared up to top coat the front of my new build porch on Monday gone following arrival back from France. I thought it was the only day before the temperature went skyward.

I WAS WRONG. It was going off faster than I could rub it up. Should've have done one cheek at a time,what a plonker I am.

Now it looks shi.e. The two sides and top are fine, done in cooler weather.

Both coats were sprayed on with Refina render gun so scratch coat sprayed onto full mesh tacked to thermalite block and left for a week. Top coat no mesh, 15mm plastic beads.

Mix was 5 plastering sand 1 lime and 1 cement and both coats hosed down before starting.

Must I hack it off and if so will it take the scratch and mesh with it and also the block?

Or could I paint with Hi Build and float that off to a smooth finish then lightly dry sponge?

Abuse from pros greatly appreciated:}

Left cheek.

Attachments

• 20190723_171313.jpg
    20190723_171313.jpg
    358 KB · Views: 278
I an not a render expert but i am sure you could fill that out with a suitable filler and then go over the lot with a thin coat system.
someone with more knowledge will be along soon enough.

Great honest post Rossi Fan if it’s solid you could go with a thin coat finish sponge or rub that up be fine

What I do like though is your username it’s class, @Rossi46 will be well chuffed to see it

Also does it have to be perfect on building like that a lick of paint might look quite cool tbf and look ok as a whole

Thanks for the replies.

Ive built extensions to both sides in flat render and just given them a mist coat of Sandtex. Will paint proper when finished.
The plan is to tile hang the top half of the old house and flat render over the remaining Tyrolean and square the front bay to join the porch so I want the finish to be as flat as I can get it. One must have vision :}}

The render I've just ferked up is strong and plumb.
I know nowt about thin coat finish. Is it purchased in tubs like Krend top coat?
Is it as thin as filler?

Attachments

• 20190724_134607.jpg
    20190724_134607.jpg
    761.9 KB · Views: 248
  • 20190724_134454.jpg
    20190724_134454.jpg
    779.9 KB · Views: 240