Render failure

if it was a spec given to you then its their problem. aslong as all.components used are as per spec then your free as can be.
fact that the renderboard manufacturer didnt show isnt good on their part.

think the blame.will point towards whoever provided spec first. but be interested to know the boards used. ive seen some builders get mixed up and use cp boards rather than renderboards before. my money is on that at mo

if it was a spec given to you then its their problem. aslong as all.components used are as per spec then your free as can be.
fact that the renderboard manufacturer didnt show isnt good on their part.

think the blame.will point towards whoever provided spec first. but be interested to know the boards used. ive seen some builders get mixed up and use cp boards rather than renderboards before. my money is on that at mo
Mine too , everything else is by the book. Have to wait and see

not really because it means potentially the metal bead will expand quicker and expand more.
I saw it as it will transfer its heat to the surrounding render more efficiently

but the holes in my tape will acomodate

fook knows!

Plastic beads require more physical area than metal , the render doesn't bond to the surface of either so plastic creates more potential moisture ingress capillary problems,

Plastic beads require more physical area than metal , the render doesn't bond to the surface of either so plastic creates more potential moisture ingress capillary problems,
I thought I was the last person still using stainless beads.

I thought I was the last person still using stainless beads.
You probably are lol , price kicked it out , coupled with people's poor rendering,, scraping galvanized causing rust issues along with misshandeling by suppliers and labs

You probably are lol , price kicked it out , coupled with people's poor rendering,, scraping galvanized causing rust issues along with misshandeling by suppliers and labs
We find that lots of clients love the idea of having stainless beads instead of plastic, sounds quality.
We're currently working on a chop off re-render, loads of the galvanized drip beads had turned to rust. House built in the early eighties.

We find that lots of clients love the idea of having stainless beads instead of plastic, sounds quality.
We're currently working on a chop off re-render, loads of the galvanized drip beads had turned to rust. House built in the early eighties.
nearly forty years, that's long enough, we don't want to put the next generation out of work.

Rendered a timber frame block of flats 5 years ago and one elevation has delaminated from the boards and shelled off.

All the work was carried out to spec, rest of the job is sound.
I'm in the clear on this one , the contractor is not looking to me for responsibility I'm just curious as to what could of caused it. Site meeting on Wednesday with Knauf, the render board supplier and a few other suits. I'll be keeping my mouth shut. Looks like it'll be an insurance claim.

Base coat up210 hand applied, fully meshed onto top 1/3rd of base coat. Materials mixed with clean tap sourced water. Sufficient curing time before toping with Knauf mamorit

View attachment 41333
View attachment 41334
Surely people can see this is a design fault ? Nothing to do with any render board or render ? The timber frame has expanded forcing the boards off

easy to check..... is your phone wet? lol

to be honest a whole elevation to delaminate suggests wrong boards/basecoat i will imagine they will want to see compatability paperwork which should be on their bba.

i did think knaufs basecoat was sm700plus. but been a while since used
For panels to do this it’s got to be movement in the timber frame