render help

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

brad123

hello everyone,

im doing sand and cement render and was wondering whats best gauge to knock up.
5-1 scratch coat
6-1 top coat

what i want to know aswel is what to use in first coat, i hear people say use waterproofer in 1st coat not 2nd coat but whats best. do you have to use it atall. do you use in both coats and also what other admixtures to you use

thanks

I always add lime to my mix , floats up a treat ,as for the water proofer in the first coat .how big is the area ? you need water proofer in the first coat to slow down the drawing in of the second coat ,so you don,t keep joining up to a dry area you just put on ,if that makes scene

hello everyone,

im doing sand and cement render and was wondering whats best gauge to knock up.
5-1 scratch coat
6-1 top coat

what i want to know aswel is what to use in first coat, i hear people say use waterproofer in 1st coat not 2nd coat but whats best. do you have to use it atall. do you use in both coats and also what other admixtures to you use

thanks
your gonna do rendering an you need to know how to mix joker

It's a bungalow and its all round half of the house on new extension. So I don't need waterproofer in top coat, or shall I had a little. And what other admixtures to use. Think we used feb or mortar admix. Thanks to replying

Also I know how to render just we had labourer and my boss use to tell him and I didn't pay attention. Just wanted some info but some people are just to arrogant to give that

Status
Not open for further replies.