Render over existing

joseph

Hi can anyone recommend a system for over skimming existing exterior rendered walls?
ie rendermesh two coat system. Got about 900m2 on a Victorian building. All been grit blasted. Cheers Guys

what is the condition of the render now that it has being sand blasted ? what finish do you require ?

what is the condition of the render now that it has being sand blasted ? what finish do you require ?
T
The sand blast created a few pot holes otherwise it’s sound. I was thinking fill holes with s&c then four mm mesh and top coat. Was hoping for steel trowel finish. We had a rep from Keim bring a sponge finish sample called Torado, He said we have to use their paint on it
We want to look at some quality user friendly options.
Will be hand applied
Thanks for any advise

we have just recently completed a render over a sand and cement render.
we choose Parex parinter renovating base coat,with mesh. lovely material to hand apply. the only renders that i know off that is a stainless trowel finish is Alumsac coloured render. M R also have a trowel finish render but i was told that it is Alumsac that has been rebaged.

we have just recently completed a render over a sand and cement render.
we choose Parex parinter renovating base coat,with mesh. lovely material to hand apply. the only renders that i know off that is a stainless trowel finish is Alumsac coloured render. M R also have a trowel finish render but i was told that it is Alumsac that has been rebaged.
Thanks, what did you use to finish the parex base coat? I think we might have to look at sponge finish instead

Thanks, what did you use to finish the parex base coat? I think we might have to look at sponge finish instead

we put a scratcher over the base coat. as we had some bags of mono 1.5 grit in stock that we wanted to sell, we applied a very thin coat of mono on and finished it off with an acrylic plastic trowel. this gave a finish similar to an acrylic render trowel finish.

we put a scratcher over the base coat. as we had some bags of mono 1.5 grit in stock that we wanted to sell, we applied a very thin coat of mono on and finished it off with an acrylic plastic trowel. this gave a finish similar to an acrylic render trowel finish.
Ok thanks for advise. The base coat looks good option. Plenty of choice out there. Cost is also a factor with the volume. Cheers