Render Repair

Members online

Al Baby

Need some advice.

I rendered some garden walls other day, which got damaged after it got sponged by another trade.

(Hose got dragged across it.)

Before I could come back, the customer has painted all the walls, Including the damaged area, which unsurprisingly she wants repairing.

It's a fairly shallow mark, but noticeable, and "large"

Any suggestions on how I can go about repairing this after they have painted it?

TIA

A

Need some advice.

I rendered some garden walls other day, which got damaged after it got sponged by another trade.

Before I could come back, the customer has painted all the walls, Including the damaged area, which unsurprisingly she wants repairing.

Any suggestions on how I can go about repairing this after they have painted it?

TIA

A

Is it sand and cement

If you do repair with sand and cement just fill the line out with a bit of SBR and use a fine sand like silver sand and cement would be ideal you don't want 50/50 as not deep enough and won't patch in nice to much grain! Just bang it in leave and fine sponge! Or buy a repair tub cemtone do one!

Need some advice.

TIA

A
Touprette masonry filler is good stuff, most decorator stores sell it, think Toolstation may sell it

Just looked into this....would you suggest 1mm or 1.5mm?

Sand used was Sandgate.

Think you are looking at acrylic or silicone stuff which is a decorative finish. Its the render that goes onto insulation you need.

An example is Weber.lac , Johnstones high performance render, K rend HP12 and its full of polymers so a good chance of sticking to paint. Scratch the paint with a Stanley knife if you doubtful.

If you can get any then ewi (thin coat) material.

Sand used was Sandgate.
Think you are looking at acrylic or silicone stuff which is a decorative finish. Its the render that goes onto insulation you need.

An example is Weber.lac , Johnstones high performance render, K rend HP12 and its full of polymers so a good chance of sticking to paint. Scratch the paint with a Stanley knife if you doubtful.

This is what I was looking at.

Sand used was Sandgate.

This is what I was looking at.

No, wrong stuff. Unless you want to cover it all and even then it will have a grained finish like course sandpaper.

Its a fine aggregate so it will be fine as to sandy? Thats depends on what time you sponge it.

I have not used that product before.

Will that work over the top of painted sand and cement? (y)
Chip the paint off mate first on the area that needs patching. Seal with bit of sbr and apply the pre bagged gear flatten and sponge once gone off as you would your sand/cement