Render Retaining Wall

Members online

Thorpy

Hello experts,

Wanting to render on a garden retaining wall. There is no option to dig it out on the positive side and DPC, but there is drainage there, plus weep holes. Been looking at ways to stop any water that doesnt filter into the drainage, coming through solid block, and cracking the render. So I am searching for some kind of waterproofing on the positive side?

Unsure what I can use that will be ok with K rend? I am going to use HP12 base, with Mesh and then K rend K1 silicone.

If anyone has used anything in the past that can help it would be very much appreciated.
Spoke to K rend who will not recommend anything. Understandably.

Cheers

Last edited:
This is a tough one to answer. Penetrating & rising damp.

There is one I know off and Pagets in Sheffield sold it but years ago. It was watertight and made for the basement and swimming pool market. The name escapes me.

The modern renders might not be water tight enough. How about a tanking solution and a 4:1 sand and cement with a decent waterproofer? Scratch well in waves. Theh after letting it fully cure apply your K Rend.

Your next problem to get over is the copings. Either flat tilting back or a decent overhang with a built in drip.

It will be wise to give your k rend a nanotechnology clear coating once it’s cured dry.

Just tank it on the wet side. Sika tanking slurry. 3 coats applied adjacently. Nothing will get through it. Don’t scratch a waterproof base coat either. It’s a no no.

Thank you for the reply. When you say the wet side, do you mean the side which the soil/ground will be against? As that’s a no go.

Is this the one your was referring to? https://www.spcsupplies.com//produc...8Y3Xzu7d0QrHBMuY2xXC0KiSKQxf543BoCTI0QAvD_BwE

Also, will the hp12 base coat be ok adhering to the slurry?

Cheers

This is the wall in question. On the other side of the wall with the pillars along there is a 1m drop below the level you see.

2132FDD3-2651-47A5-A81B-65B718A92A22.jpeg

Attachments

• DBDECFDA-0F0A-4E4C-80BF-68EFD3EF83A9.jpeg
    DBDECFDA-0F0A-4E4C-80BF-68EFD3EF83A9.jpeg
    225.5 KB · Views: 277
Last edited:
Tank it with something, I use Parex lanko lastic it’s a concentrate version of sbr. Slurry coat then a mix of it in the first pass.

i see you do have access to the back of the wall,whats the problem? I didnt had any whatsoever

DSC00936.JPG