RENDERING OLD GABLE WALL

safco

Hi guys is it ok to pva on top of scratch coat with feb in mix or shall I put sbr on the scratch coat and let it go tacky then do my top coat? I don't want it to crack any suggestions its about 50 sqm I will be using mesh in the sand cement render as the wall is in a real state with 70mm of filling in some places to get it somewhere level. I reckon 3 coats at the bottom Ist coat filling all holes variations etc, 2nd coat with mesh,3rd coat to get it somewhere level all scratched with sbr on wall and then top coat. what you saying guys starting tomorrow.

I wouldn't put water proof in the scratch, I would splatter coat the old wall for a key firstly with sbr in the splatter , then the next day scratch it out flat ,you should get it flat and level with a scratch coat or two coats on the same day , fibres in the scratch would be a good idea, perhaps and embedded mesh of tv10 , leave for a week before you do the top coat ,
Everything depends on the substrate ,this dictates the strength of the mixes ,the amount of thickness you can apply ,like all plastering ,you need to weigh every option up , give the customer choices and warnings , ribbed eml is good option but expensive ,

This stuffs pretty good
IMG_6754.JPG

I wouldn't put water proof in the scratch, I would splatter coat the old wall for a key firstly with sbr in the splatter , then the next day scratch it out flat ,you should get it flat and level with a scratch coat or two coats on the same day , fibres in the scratch would be a good idea, perhaps and embedded mesh of tv10 , leave for a week before you do the top coat ,
Everything depends on the substrate ,this dictates the strength of the mixes ,the amount of thickness you can apply ,like all plastering ,you need to weigh every option up , give the customer choices and warnings , ribbed eml is good option but expensive ,
Which coat would you use the WP?

last in winter ,scratch in summer , also I'd decide on the job with what I see.
Hmmmmmm why do you think it's needed? No tricks just wondering why you would swap it round when it's chilly or warm, because it has a purpose and using it the way you do will have an effect on tyour building.

Hmmmmmm why do you think it's needed? No tricks just wondering why you would swap it round when it's chilly or warm, because it has a purpose and using it the way you do will have an effect on tyour building.
Use it for the time it gives to get it on and float it nicely ,in winter it gives too much time ,summer obviously depending on the weather / heat,
Everything on an outside wall affects the integrity of the wall, thermal mass is very much forgotten and breathablness

Use it for the time it gives to get it on and float it nicely ,in winter it gives too much time ,summer obviously depending on the weather / heat,
Everything on an outside wall affects the integrity of the wall, thermal mass is very much forgotten and breathablness
I have always used it in the scratch and it's always been the same no matter what the weather is so your using it to suit yourself so you can rub up? Ive discussed this on here plenty of times and WP does a job but picking and choosing which coat to put it in seem s a bit odd to me.

I have always used it in the scratch and it's always been the same no matter what the weather is so your using it to suit yourself so you can rub up? Ive discussed this on here plenty of times and WP does a job but picking and choosing which coat to put it in seem s a bit odd to me.
You should spend a week with me , you might put me in a secure facility. For wet dash I would not put it in the scratch ,for dry I would , on a cold wet wall in winter,I wouldn't put it in the scratch ,

Hi Guys uploading some pics of my project today got 3 quarters done bedded mesh in and scratched will need another coat with sbr on wall and then final coat with sbr.

Attachments

• IMG_1643.JPG
    IMG_1643.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 261
  • IMG_1644.JPG
    IMG_1644.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 260
  • IMG_1645.JPG
    IMG_1645.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 250
  • IMG_1647.JPG
    IMG_1647.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 283
  • IMG_1646.JPG
    IMG_1646.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 294
  • IMG_1650.JPG
    IMG_1650.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 276
  • IMG_1652.JPG
    IMG_1652.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 287
  • IMG_1653.JPG
    IMG_1653.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 284
Hi Guys uploading some pics of my project today got 3 quarters done bedded mesh in and scratched will need another coat with sbr on wall and then final coat with sbr.
Most thing I would be afraid of there is the old mortar between the stone o_O. Hope it goes well for yea

If you really, really want/need to render that piece of crap then it definitely needs a fixed steel mesh not just an embedded one IMHO.
"70mm in places" have you heard of shear forces?