rendering questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

christ

Private Member
1. which do you use first, sponge or poly float.
2. when rubing up with poly float is it best to do small circles or large circles
3. when flattering with a straight edge, is it best to level off verticaly or horizontaly.
4. when rendering to a bellcast, im told that u make an arch shape with trowel, is this right. the only reason i ask is, how can it be finished in an arch shape when the bell cast is joined to angle bead which isnt curved. cheers

1-Float first then sponge
2-Smallish circles figure of 6 (8s inside 6s outside)
3-Up and across
4-If the angle bead is goin to the belcast work either side of it so it flicks out

1. a float get's it flat and a sponge finishes
2. big or small just try to keep it the same
3. i just rule up to get it flat
4. it's only a drip bead you dont need a big curve

;D safe
i got chatting to a lad who's moved on and his first job was float finishing webber ? ...............fook knows can it be done?

Just done one in Preston Weber float finish OCR2 lovely stuff mixed in a cut down drum on the scaffold rubs up great.

DSC00317.jpg

in this photo, the chap has bent the angle bead to meet the bellcast. is this how everybody does it

how did you work it mate did you have a lad on just floating to keep up with it?

Never seen that done before. If i use plastic beads i just get the same depth of bead--ie 15mm angles and belcast, all the same then

you can do it mate but measure the bead and keep the cut at the same height, all you need to do is snip the mesh and bend the bead out, it's usefull for k-rend so you can rub the gear into the bead

Status
Not open for further replies.