Rendering

Members online

Thats a great post, I'm a chippy! Am I correct when setting battens for EML that the batten only needs to thick enough ie 12mm or less to allow the render to push through in order to grip on, when the need for ventilation is negated by various vapor/waterproof barriers.

Thats a great post, I'm a chippy! Am I correct when setting battens for EML that the batten only needs to thick enough ie 12mm or less to allow the render to push through in order to grip on, when the need for ventilation is negated by various vapor/waterproof barriers.

yes, you just need the render to be able to wrap behind the EML

Reactions: KTJ
Are you the chippy on site that tries to out smart the plasterers.

I believe you'll find that an air gap is to be maintained according to building regs. nowadays.

Oops . I've got it wrong again I put small amount of water poofter .in scratch and top coat. 10mm beads 4and1mix

Ha never found that to be a problem! No mate I'm too old to be that arrogant but I do like to keep up to date with associated trades we are all experts in our own trades,.... hopefully