Rendering

Romeo21

Hi all, new around here. I’m looking to render my 3 bedroom house and with so many products out there I’m getting confused.

so from what Iv read k rend is a no no
What about Webber?

I spoke to a renderer recently and he told me that renders like Webber k rend etc discolours and sand and cement is the best

help !

Hi all, new around here. I’m looking to render my 3 bedroom house and with so many products out there I’m getting confused.

What about Webber?

I spoke to a renderer recently and he told me that renders like Webber k rend etc discolours and sand and cement is the best

help !
Where are you based? Some very competent renderers on here.
Tell us more about your property, it's location and some pictures will get you best advice

What about Webber?

help !
That’s a first sand & cement is best can he use modern renders?

no Render at all is best dont see many outstanding builds covered in shite all depends on spec I suppose

Just my own opinion if you go Weber and check areas that may cause staining or possibly use a sealer too , then there pral m is a great product and cost effective compared to other options

At my own house have sand and cement painted with sandtex, it’s a nice finish too and the paint stands the test of time also , I do get it re painted on average every 7 years to freshen it up too

We did a job bought a year back. Builder got us to use k rend on breeze on new build . On the insulation boards we used webber pral on a base coat we got told to use .
Customer made all decisions and said he.ll just paint it if it looked two shades. When finished you could live with the two colours together . I drove past today and there was traffic and it was first time i have looked at it properly and the krend has weathered alot worse then the webber

As In to use or the finish? Iv always been in a love hate relationship with sand and cement.tbh I probably love sand & cement if it looked like yours. :lol:
To be perfectly honest I both prefer working with sand and cement and the finish. I think that mono looks rank when quite close up. Just personal taste.

To be perfectly honest I both prefer working with sand and cement and the finish. I think that mono looks rank when quite close up. Just personal taste.
Yea I do no what you mean I call it council house render now. I like them all but depends which house suits.

What about Webber?

help !

I live near the coast mate

rough cast is the best for render to hold it's way.

any and every render will discolour after a while.
English weather is brutal (y)