Repair of cracks in tyrolean finish

Members online

Squibbs

Hi all. I need some advice on how to repair cracks in tyrolean finish and getting the texture right. Both large and hairline cracks.
20190809_165744.jpg
20190809_165744.jpg

More like a knockdown finish. Can I apply an acrylic filler and then use a multipurpose gypsum type filler over it to get the rough texture for the small cracks? I want to use a polyurethane filler on the large cracks and then plaster over it followed by tyrolean finish with plaster.
20190807_170628.jpg

You should check to see if the sand and cement underneath has blown, if it were me I would hack it off and start again then you can have whatever finish you want. You need some coping stones on the top of that parapet wall though and make sure the rainwater drips are clear of the finished top coat else they won’t work and you will have the same problem later

More like a knockdown finish. Can I apply an acrylic filler and then use a multipurpose gypsum type filler over it to get the rough texture for the small cracks? I want to use a polyurethane filler on the large cracks and then plaster over it followed by tyrolean finish with plaster.View attachment 38690
You don't want to put any plaster on it gypsum on it or polyurethane.
You need an external render system not plaster, whatever you go over the top with only hide the problem for a short time,
have it of and re do it that's what any renderer will tell you

thx for the advice. went ahead and ripped it all off in places that had popped. found that there was not lintel above sliding door. put one in and replastered. doing the finishing work this week. will post pics when done. thanks!

thx for the advice. went ahead and ripped it all off in places that had popped. found that there was not lintel above sliding door. put one in and replastered. doing the finishing work this week. will post pics when done. thanks!

Let's see some pics of it finished then :cool: