Repair Work - Advice.

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Songforwhoever

Afternoon All,

First post in the forum so hello to everyone reading!
I've had problems for months now with the plaster on the right hand side of my door in the kitchen, it was that moist that even the paint wouldn't dry on it so I decided to just pull the plaster off and see what was occurring.

Repair Work - Advice.

Can you please recommend what is the best course of action to render / plaster this area to correct this?
I've no issues on the other side of the door.

Thanks, Joe.

Hi joe, what plaster was on it originally, bonding or sand cement. Ka tanking slurry would solve any damp issues here, the difficulty is a knowing wher the damp is coming from, is damp soaking in from the walls behind the units, if you use ka slurry on this section that you have photographed, then the problem is over. At least what you can see anyhow.

Thanks, from what I can see it was a sand and cement render with plaster over the top. The wall there is dry now so I'm not sure where the damp was coming from, the external wall is rendered, not sure if this plays any part in the issue.

Thanks, from what I can see it was a sand and cement render with plaster over the top. The wall there is dry now so I'm not sure where the damp was coming from, the external wall is rendered, not sure if this plays any part in the issue.
With the external wall rendered, there may be a sandwich issue where the damp which was in the bricks was trapped and kept the plaster moist, lots of other options, lime lite plaster, dry coat plaster, sand and cement with sika or sovereign waterproofer, but I still think ka slurry will be the winner, another quick fix would be to fix on knauf aqua panel with tile waterproof adhesive or screws,(not drywall adhesive)

With the external wall rendered, there may be a sandwich issue where the damp which was in the bricks was trapped and kept the plaster moist, lots of other options, lime lite plaster, dry coat plaster, sand and cement with sika or sovereign waterproofer, but I still think ka slurry will be the winner, another quick fix would be to fix on knauf aqua panel with tile waterproof adhesive or screws,(not drywall adhesive)

Thanks for the advice, I never like to just guess! With the brick being exposed now would you recommend leaving it like this for a few weeks to dry out? assuming there is moisture in there....

Joe, looking at the pic, have you checked the silicone down the edge of your door, you would be suprised what can get through a small gap. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.