Repeated blowing!

Members online

Brunob

I have a large area of render - made up of 3 panels. Over new blocks (Newton’s) 1 panel has now blown twice. First time rendered it was hot, so we put it down to that. Took render off and pva wall, scratch coat and top coat with lime, 5 days later cracks are appearing. Other 2 panels are fine, all facing the same aspect. Any ideas welcome

Another misleading title.......
Anyhoo,........exhaust all that’s possible, and whatever’s left, however improbable, will be the reason...
But you might find that the sand was upside down in mixer .........silly mistake, we’ve all done it. Re-do the work with the sand the right way up.

Another misleading title.......
Anyhoo,........exhaust all that’s possible, and whatever’s left, however improbable, will be the reason...
But you might find that the sand was upside down in mixer .........silly mistake, we’ve all done it. Re-do the work with the sand the right way up.
I was about to say the same young Andy, very disappointed , was hoping to hear tales of that thing called 'Felatio' tis but a memory now since the marriage.

I was only told that after the event.......
Bloke said “ know how to a girl giving blowjobs?”.......”marry her”....pfft

I have a large area of render - made up of 3 panels. Over new blocks (Newton’s) 1 panel has now blown twice. First time rendered it was hot, so we put it down to that. Took render off and pva wall, scratch coat and top coat with lime, 5 days later cracks are appearing. Other 2 panels are fine, all facing the same aspect. Any ideas welcome
What sand was used and also how thick was the render put on??

Use appropriate primer- micro gobetis 3000 or similar. Two coats and wet the wall before scratch coat. The blocks are sucking the life out of the render before even the smallest chance of settling.

What newton blocks ?
Share your process . Mix for scratch and mix for top coats