Ritmo paddle stops turning

evs04

Hi chaps

Hoping to get your expert advice on this problem I have.

I've just bought a second hand ritmo, I think it's A powercoat or a M. Doesn't say on the machine so I'm not 100%.
The machine is in excellent condition and it's been well looked after.

The machine has twice stopped working on me today, basically the motor stops spinning the paddle when I put the Weber pral in.
I started with the water set at approx 175 which was too wet, I ended up at 100 ish which appeared to produce a workable mix. If anything a tad wet, this was checking the mix coming out of the pipe at the bottom of the rotor and stator.
so I connect the hose and start priming it though. Then the paddle stops turning with some mix part way down the pipe. I get an error code showing, I think the code is.. 0L1 or 01L
Not sure what this means.?
So I've had to take the rotor and stator apart and clean everything out twice today.
There was lumps of dry powder in the neck of the chamber and dry powder in the stator.
Would a worn stator/rotor cause this to happen.?

One thing I have noticed is that on all the demo videos I've seen, the water feed pipe into the chamber is normally connected to the bottom feed Pipe, The one on mine is fitted to the top connection.
Would this cause an issue with the mix.?

Any help would be very much appreciated
Chaps..

Cheers
Doug

Attachments

• IMG_3026.PNG
    IMG_3026.PNG
    2.3 MB · Views: 330
  • IMG_3027.PNG
    IMG_3027.PNG
    2.2 MB · Views: 341
I'm a newbie mate but I'm gonna hazard a guess the r/s had its day , from what I have learned, the others will be along shortly to confirm though.

The water inlets one is for spraying with skim set up the other (top one ) is for backing coats and render bags

Ok thanks for that

Have you had a similar issue before.?
I'm no expert mate the more experienced ones will be able to help just the water setting you mentioned I'm sure my mate said it was a worn r/s tbh I have water at 250 ish for ocr I thought mono was higher (300 ish) but I don't spray the mono
@theclemo @Rigsby @PFTwales can advice you

Top inlet for render, if you are plugged into mains power it sounds like a new R&S is what you need, if off a genny it might be that it's not powerful enough hence problem. Amps should not read over 4.8 when machine running, worn R&S is inconsistent when mixing and pumping increasing the load on motor, the machine won't let you put it under strain beyond its capability to avoid burning out motor.

Yes mate, I'll be ringing pft northern this morning.
I have been in touch with them prior to buying the machine, they were really helpful.
Think they are the closest ones to me, but still a 2 hour drive south for me to Sheffield.

Top inlet for render, if you are plugged into mains power it sounds like a new R&S is what you need, if off a genny it might be that it's not powerful enough hence problem. Amps should not read over 4.8 when machine running, worn R&S is inconsistent when mixing and pumping increasing the load on motor, the machine won't let you put it under strain beyond its capability to avoid burning out motor.
Yes mate 240v
Thanks

You definitely need the top water inlet. But apart from it sounds like you have a worn out rotar and stator, i bet you are priming it all wrong.

If you are going to Les try and get a training course while you are there.
You cannot just buy a machine and expect plug and play.

If not then get a r&s sent to you.

If you look at the YouTube vid on how to set up, that will help.

I find on my Ritmo L most products prime through at 225 water speed 10 with a healthy r&s. Then most spray at 190-200. But that is the L.

You definitely need the top water inlet. But apart from it sounds like you have a worn out rotar and stator, i bet you are priming it all wrong.

I find on my Ritmo L most products prime through at 225 water speed 10 with a healthy r&s. Then most spray at 190-200. But that is the L.
Appreciate the response

I am intending on doing a course on the machine, as soon as I'm free.
I've ordered the r and s to be delivered tomorrow as I'm 2 hours away.

I have watched the start up vids.

Maybe I am priming it wrong.?
I won't know for sure until I get the new parts.
One thing I did notice was that on the first attempt more so, the water and material appeared to be unmixed. I had a bucket with material at the bottom and water on top then the machine stopped.

Only thing I did differently to the vids demo, was that I primed the stator head with more water to make sure the material didn't enter the r and s dry on start up.
Would that make a difference.?

Thanks
Doug

Think there might be instructions for start up of ritmo on here, do a search of threads Doug, you'll twig it, after a while, second nature to you.

Appreciate the response

I am intending on doing a course on the machine, as soon as I'm free.
I've ordered the r and s to be delivered tomorrow as I'm 2 hours away.

I have watched the start up vids.

Maybe I am priming it wrong.?
I won't know for sure until I get the new parts.
One thing I did notice was that on the first attempt more so, the water and material appeared to be unmixed. I had a bucket with material at the bottom and water on top then the machine stopped.

Only thing I did differently to the vids demo, was that I primed the stator head with more water to make sure the material didn't enter the r and s dry on start up.
Would that make a difference.?

Thanks
Doug
Mate here's my instructions guide , I been through this loads of times till i cracked it , hope this helps tbh I still get my mate to check when I'm doing it so I don't mess up ,
IMG_9860.JPG
IMG_9861.JPG
IMG_9862.JPG
IMG_9863.JPG
IMG_9864.JPG

Vincey your an absolute gem..!
Mate I did have loads of blockages too tbh I'm glad I did as now I know the machine better, mine was second hand and tbh it's drove me mad but a few on here have helped me big time , you'll definitely sort it , took me ages though lol

Fair play Vince, you are a good man. When starting out with a machines sometimes the cost of a R&S can seem a little daunting, after all you invested in the thing to help you achieve an easier way to apply render, a R&S is worth every pound spent on it, you will in time agree. Next step is to always have a spare in the van. Then you've really cracked it!

Last edited:
Mate I did have loads of blockages too tbh I'm glad I did as now I know the machine better, mine was second hand and tbh it's drove me mad but a few on here have helped me big time , you'll definitely sort it , took me ages though lol
That guide will be priceless mate.

Really appreciate you doing that for me.

Fair play Vince, you are a good man. When starting out with a machines sometimes the cost of a R&S can seem a little daunting, after all you invested in the thing to help you achieve an easier way to apply render, a R&S is worth every pound spent on it, you will in time agree. Next step is to always have a spare in the van. Then you've really cracked it!
That's a great point actually.! To have a spare set in the van

The only time I had problem like this was when ran the machine from 75m cable. In my case was the power.

Not always possible you get voltage drop. I was pumping wet and down a shaft so not a lot of load.

I spray at 200 to 250 with the soft r@s. I spray at 180 when the r@s is close to being f**k*d. We are all different tho.