Rooms/ walls you love ones you hate

Members online

John j

Mono Don
I love doing staircase . If theres no arci.s . Reason being 99% of customers think its a big job when really most of time its just one big wall so find em good earners.
Hate small rooms but most of all hate window walls . Just cant see when i.m doing em

I love smallish 3x3m rooms that you can knock out in a day and earn upwards of £300 for.

I hate kitchens after units have been fitted...
IMG_20180829_154732.jpg

Tell me about it, the walls were a state, it's all being tiled anyway so didn't have to be perfect! I do hate them but they are quite satisfying to complete, if you mask up literally everything once you take it all down and clear up the transformation can be great

I
Looks tidy mate. Why oh why, do people so this though? All that money on a kitchen to do it the wrong way round :tonto:

It's not so much customers but the fitters, they should advise that it needs plastering but all the care about is getting in and out, we used to price to plaster new bathrooms or kitchens regardless when re doing them, and if it didn't need doing it was a bonus.

I tried to get out of this one but had already done quite a bit for her, not been particularly busy recently either so got to take whatevers there (within reason)

I tried to get out of this one but had already done quite a bit for her, not been particularly busy recently either so got to take whatevers there (within reason)

Exactly same situation luckily not till November

Plaster after new kitchen.

Had it so many times and I’ve come to the conclusion that if the kitchen fitters aren’t orgasining the plastering then they simply don’t give a f**k and won’t even kindly advise the customer on the correct order of doing things.

Ends up costing the customer more because it becomes an annoying fiddly job

Attachments

• 011B79CF-5568-456F-9349-D873B06CD5B3.jpeg
    011B79CF-5568-456F-9349-D873B06CD5B3.jpeg
    103.2 KB · Views: 186
  • EA8FFBDB-CE7D-4301-80E7-BE149BA20A2A.jpeg
    EA8FFBDB-CE7D-4301-80E7-BE149BA20A2A.jpeg
    128.8 KB · Views: 214
I

It's not so much customers but the fitters, they should advise that it needs plastering but all the care about is getting in and out, we used to price to plaster new bathrooms or kitchens regardless when re doing them, and if it didn't need doing it was a bonus.

Yeah, I tend to do that too.

Was pissed off the other week as I went to price up a bathroom refurb for a mate. Not a close mate, but a good soul and noticed the new kitchen.

Nice new kitchen, but one wall needed skimming, which was now a tricky job.
They had also not taken the flooring into account, so he couldn't get the washing machine under the work top.
Was a howdens kitchen, so I have a pretty good idea of what that cost and quietly wept to myself when he told me what he'd been charged overall!
Lazy arseholes!!

I love doing staircase . If theres no arci.s . Reason being 99% of customers think its a big job when really most of time its just one big wall so find em good earners.
Hate small rooms but most of all hate window walls . Just cant see when i.m doing em

Sweet. Can u chuck this one on for m tomorrow plz

Attachments

• 4AF45924-B45D-4288-99A9-EBAE658A8B4A.jpeg
    4AF45924-B45D-4288-99A9-EBAE658A8B4A.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 228
Exactly same situation luckily not till November

Plaster after new kitchen.

Had it so many times and I’ve come to the conclusion that if the kitchen fitters aren’t orgasining the plastering then they simply don’t give a f**k and won’t even kindly advise the customer on the correct order of doing things.

Ends up costing the customer more because it becomes an annoying fiddly job

That it in a nutshell mate, they don't care!

Ceilings are my thing I suppose had a big run on them recently.. Thought it was cos I was good..nope turns out its just cos I'm tall the boss told me..you boys must have plenty of patience for that kitchen stuff..

that looks totally depressing and a shite artex lid aswell pull the bed sheets up better things to come

I know mate, tell me about it. And another 5 to go! Will be done by 1 Thursday and enjoy a long weekend, all for a peasly £1500 :(

I don't mind skimming artex at all to be honest, never have. I only do domestic so I see it on a weekly basis
its just the thougt of it once u get mixed up its ok get radio on a1 I'm back in workshop tues making cornice repair stuff get sick of that too

Like loft conversions, board and skim, biggest transformation in my humble opinion

100% agree with that who comes good if any damage or do u do job for F ALL

Being the lowest of the low Norm, a multi trader who does a bit of plastering :) it just means that I can do a complete job for my customers with little agro. I would never fit a kitchen first for someone if the walls needed plastering. Obviously not all fitters are at fault, but when people are paying good money, they should get a good job.

Being the lowest of the low Norm, a multi trader who does a bit of plastering :) it just means that I can do a complete job for my customers with little agro. I would never fit a kitchen first for someone if the walls needed plastering. Obviously not all fitters are at fault, but when people are paying good money, they should get a good job.

Come do some plastering with me my love