rough cast.wet dash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooptaza

Finally after a lot of research, there seem to be 3 fav ratios for wet dash. Stones:Sand:Cement 3:2:1 or 4:2:1& half lime or 3:3:1:1. which i new which one was the best but I will have to try one.

Also does anyone know if the mix will fit in a one bag mixer

we have always mixed at 5 stone,2 sand, 2 lime,1 cement. We usually mix up beforehand to allow to "sour".Cover over and leave for a week or so.

we have always mixed at 5 stone,2 sand, 2 lime,1 cement. We usually mix up beforehand to allow to "sour".Cover over and leave for a week or so.

Thats a new one. What size of chips do you think looks best. Is the lime good in the mix

That mix passed down from generation to generation.I think 8mm to 10mm looks the best,not too big not too small.Ya the lime is super,makes it really "tackey" and brings it up to a just off white colour saving client money on white cement and white sand.

That mix passed down from generation to generation.I think 8mm to 10mm looks the best,not too big not too small.Ya the lime is super,makes it really "tackey" and brings it up to a just off white colour saving client money on white cement and white sand.

Cheers solway. I think I might go with the 10mm and a few few shovels of lime in each batch would help

So putting the lime in it will change the colour from grey to an off white ??

So putting the lime in it will change the colour from grey to an off white ??

Here is the colour I finished up with, but I put in white cement also...

rough cast.wet dash. rough cast.wet dash.

Status
Not open for further replies.