rounded ceiling and walls all the way, or stop bead at round

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooptaza

Hi all, I have two ceilings in a wee cottage.(We call them hipped ceilings here in ireland) I was thinking of rounding both angles (ceiling angles & wall angles) all the way from wall to ceiling to other wall so it was all one.

I was thinking this would make it hard to paint as there was nowhere for the paint to stop, so both walls and ceiling would have to be white if you get my meaning.

Is there any other way, i dont like the sharp angles. Someone told me to put a stop bead at the bottom of the round and said this looks good.

any ideas

Personally I don't like them rounded off on the walls for the exact reason you have mentioned above but I've see them done and then a level line painted under the curve on the wall, just another option for you. I'd just skim the ceiling and curve it them skim the walls leaving a nice straight edge to paint up to

Personally I don't like them rounded off on the walls for the exact reason you have mentioned above but I've see them done and then a level line painted under the curve on the wall, just another option for you. I'd just skim the ceiling and curve it them skim the walls leaving a nice straight edge to paint up to

Thanks, this is my options. I could do the straigth angle where is meets the wall. But just wanted to do something different as it was a wee cottage. I might just have to do the straight angles

im guessing its a 45 degree angle!?

cottage id leave it straight. why make it harder by rolling into one and having bigger hit.

You should mention the paint issue to the customer first as they don't often think about it, then go with what they want :RpS_thumbup:

and I definitely wouldn't be using stop beads mate :-0

I am the customer lol. its my house, i just wanted to do the round angles as i thought it would look best. but the paint issue was annoying me., New id find a few pro's in here for advice

I am the customer lol. its my house, i just wanted to do the round angles as i thought it would look best. but the paint issue was annoying me., New id find a few pro's in here for advice

Are you also doing the skimming? :)

Yea doing the skimming, boarding, floors, insulating the works. Its justr coming to the plastering stage in a week or so

Yes lots of experience. Im de best lol... Yea no problems with experience or quality. I just feel its good to get other peoples advice/opinions.

It that's the case, skim the wall and continue with the ceiling going all the way over to the opposite wall in one hit. To create a straight line for painting, use Frog tape (the yellow coloured version) if required :)

It that's the case, skim the wall and continue with the ceiling going all the way over to the opposite wall in one hit. To create a straight line for painting, use Frog tape (the yellow coloured version) if required :)
I am thinking of going this way and have done it this way in the past. I have just never hang around the job to see what the paint job looked like

Someone told me that he puts a 8mm stop bead just at the bottom of the round before he starts bonding it and works the round into the bead. this gives him the edege and th paint for the wall goes up to the bead

yes i do this, anytime i have done it the customers thinks its a fantastic idea, reli does look well and your always guaranteed that the angle that you paint up to is straight.

Are you a fas teacher, I was an anco student in mervue in 85' the advice given here is good ,are you testing us.? The full wall and ceiling curved would look bad.

Generally speaking i would round the angle at the ceiling & keep it straight on the walls, a good way to keep it looking straight is to either pull a chalk line on the finished ceiling & skimup to the line or hold a straight edge & draw a line with a pencil & skim upm to that.

Having said that it still looks well all rounded & painted the same colour.

Status
Not open for further replies.