rubble chute

Status
Not open for further replies.

treasurehyland

Anyone got experience advice tips on using rubble chutes and if possible out of first floor domestic window?
Trying to work out if possible on next lathe / soot ceiling lid removal?

one good tip I heard from @imago aka @imagoer aka @Larrythelength is if you have loft access to clear the voids between joists of all the old crap dust etc as opposed to just ripping down below, also fans are handy , keep blowing that crap out of the windows, it will look like the house is on fire but nevermind

Yes put one end in skip other end near window opening,
Ps tie it fixed

Soot ,dusty materials will need to be dampened down ,the dust could cause
Murders

Ta boss, is the chute easy to attach to window, or do I need scaffold? Thinking I could fit down it.. and do one for half hour with my mate still clueless in the smog

one good tip I heard from @imago aka @imagoer aka @Larrythelength is if you have loft access to clear the voids between joists of all the old crap dust etc as opposed to just ripping down below, also fans are handy , keep blowing that crap out of the windows, it will look like the house is on fire but nevermind
I get scared in lofts and can't resist putting my foot through just.. Because

on the very odd occasion that we remove a ceiling. turn the electric off, remove the light fitting pull the cable out of the work area.
go up in the loft with a hose and dampen the lime down then kick it down from above.

on the very odd occasion that we remove a ceiling. turn the electric off, remove the light fitting pull the cable out of the work area.
go up in the loft with a hose and dampen the lime down then kick it down from above.

Presumably you remove old loose insulation first, then have fun with water and electricity, ta

Status
Not open for further replies.