Sand-Swirl Plaster and Bullnose Detail

WildBill

I recently moved into a house and had plaster work done with a sand-swirl finish. Much of the work was completed in a workman-ship like manner, specifically the field work. From my, unfamiliar with plaster perspective, I have some concerns the way the finer details were brought together. Is it customary for the bullnose details to resemble what is depicted in the photographs? I know this application is not as straight forward as drywall with a uniform finish. Thanks for the input. WB

Attachments

• Sand-Swirl Plaster and Bullnose Detail
    IMG_0289.jpg
    393.5 KB · Views: 23
    IMG_0278.jpg
    418.2 KB · Views: 22
    IMG_0279.jpg
    605.5 KB · Views: 20
    IMG_0280.jpg
    787.7 KB · Views: 19
    IMG_0281.jpg
    494.2 KB · Views: 20
    IMG_0282.jpg
    508.3 KB · Views: 19
    IMG_0284.jpg
    618.4 KB · Views: 18
    IMG_0285.jpg
    524.5 KB · Views: 19
    IMG_0288.jpg
    586.9 KB · Views: 21
I recently moved into a house and had plaster work done with a sand-swirl finish. Much of the work was completed in a workman-ship like manner, ((specifically the field work.)) From my, unfamiliar with plaster perspective, I have some concerns the way the finer details were brought together. Is it customary for the bullnose details to resemble what is depicted in the photographs? I know this application is not as straight forward as drywall with a uniform finish. Thanks for the input. WB
How do you mean ? "the field work" ?

It was only at the bullnose that looked bit odd to me. There appeared to be inconsistencies in the amount of texture or granular material relative to where there were filled in adjacent to the bullnose. As for the swirl-pattern throughout the space, it looks good. That is what I was referring to as 'the field'. So, you guys are of the opinion this is acceptable or unacceptable plaster work at the bullnose and adjacencies? Thanks for the input. WB