SBR slurry

Members online

Ian Cardy

Hi all I'm going to do a sand cement render and will give it an SBR/cement slurry first. Would like to know if I can leave it to dry for a day as I don't fancy going over it while it's tacky, worried my first coat of render will slide.
Would appreciate any advice, cheers.

Hi all I'm going to do a sand cement render and will give it an SBR/cement slurry first. Would like to know if I can leave it to dry for a day as I don't fancy going over it while it's tacky, worried my first coat of render will slide.
Hi not going to advise as I have little experience of SBR slurry , its a last resort for me , but why are you using it , what's the background , solid wall , cavity , etc

Dont think your meant to leave it. Sure its 20 mins while its tacky
I'm assuming he wants to introduce a waterproof barrier an rely on physical fix from grit , better off hurling grit on

Personally I would always go over a slurry coat tacky.

Hi not going to advise as I have little experience of SBR slurry , its a last resort for me , but why are you using it , what's the background , solid wall , cavity , etc
Hi the background is smooth brick so will rake out the joints and give it a slurry to get good adhesion.

Thanks for the response guys, just got back from the pub, had to leave the beer garden when it started to rain.
I want to get a good grip on smooth brick and have a waterproof barrier. Appreciate the advice but must go now as I've got a hangover. Cheers

Thanks for the response guys, just got back from the pub, had to leave the beer garden when it started to rain.
I want to get a good grip on smooth brick and have a waterproof barrier. Appreciate the advice but must go now as I've got a hangover. Cheers
If you just got back from the pub how have you managed to get a hangover in the same day? You shandy drinking poof :ROFLMAO:

Can't believe anyone would send me a message on here at 7:30 on a Saturday night. Who on Earth is interested in plastering at that time. Get a life you sad poof.

Can't believe anyone would send me a message on here at 7:30 on a Saturday night. Who on Earth is interested in plastering at that time. Get a life you sad poof.
Well you clearly wasn't in the pub long you was back home in bed with a hangover for 4.30 you nudger! Big boys were just getting ready to go out at 7.30....was it time for!!!!!
bitty!