Screeding porch

James289324890

I have a porch floor that's been taken back to the concrete slab, which is around 70mm lower than the other floors. I'm intending to tile it, and the tiles and adhesive will be around 13mm in height.

This means I'll have to raise the height of the floor around 50 to 60mm prior to tiling.

From what I've read this seems to be a bit too thick for a bonded sand/cement screed, but too thin for an unbonded sand/cement screed.

Wondering what the best way of going about things would be. I was thinking maybe instead of making the whole height with sand/cement screed, I could just use self leveller and then find some other way of raising the height, like plywood.

Thanks

Attachments

• Screeding porch
    1C7DBF62-9BDC-4424-BE27-8886E1971D9A.jpeg
    478.9 KB · Views: 23
Sand / bidiford and cement screed is up to 50mm. 60mm will be ok if tiling over just make sure you compact it well. And prep surface first.

I have a porch floor that's been taken back to the concrete slab, which is around 70mm lower than the other floors. I'm intending to tile it, and the tiles and adhesive will be around 13mm in height.

This means I'll have to raise the height of the floor around 50 to 60mm prior to tiling.

From what I've read this seems to be a bit too thick for a bonded sand/cement screed, but too thin for an unbonded sand/cement screed.

Wondering what the best way of going about things would be. I was thinking maybe instead of making the whole height with sand/cement screed, I could just use self leveller and then find some other way of raising the height, like plywood.

Thanks
Just lay a bonded screed, 50-65mm is perfectly normal.

Thanks

Screed it, then you could always throw a bag or 2 of slc over the top to get a nice flat surface for tiling.