1. Want to see how the new TPF works? Click here or you can drop me an email danny@plasterersforum.com
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Plasterers Forum has now made it even easier to share photos and videos than ever before Click Here To Learn How
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TPF is the biggest plastering community and resource on internet... we are still growing.... we are nearly 10 years old so we are here for a long time yet...
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Plasterers Forum is growing but we need your help to keep it growing.... Introduce yourself and say hello get involved... they dont bite :-)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Plasterers Forum is very busy!! ...25% up on last year!! Be a part of the biggest plastering community
    Dismiss Notice
  6. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
    Dismiss Notice

Second coat of hard wall after 12hrs - pva required?

Discussion in 'DIY Plastering - Plastering Help - DIY Plastering ' started by Gdawg, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Gdawg

Gdawg New Member

I have put on a coat of hardwall onto brick to repair a fairly large section of blown plaster. Surrounding plaster is sound and over inch deep. Got called away and need to add another layer of hardwall after 12-14 hrs or so after first coat. House is central heated but hallway where job is has no heating.

So question is :
    Do I need to PVA before second coat of hardwall?
    If so one coat (ok while tacky or leave to dry) or two (leave first to dry fully and then second coat tacky?)

Help and advice appreciated.
  2. essexandy

essexandy Private Member

Did you give the first coat a really good deep key?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. johniosaif

johniosaif Private Member

He will be back soon ,got called away again, he’s a fire man
    • Funny Funny x 3
  4. Gdawg

Gdawg New Member

I have scored surface with float with screws. Wouldn’t say it was deep.
  5. essexandy

essexandy Private Member

It really wanted a much better key than that building out the depth you are.
  6. johniosaif

johniosaif Private Member

Is the fire out ?
    • Funny Funny x 3
  7. Gdawg

Gdawg New Member

Ok. So do I score it more while still fully setting? And do I PVA to help too?
  8. smoother09

smoother09 Private Member

Get a plasterer in
    • Like Like x 1
  9. John j

John j Well-Known Member

Board it
  10. beader

beader Private Member

Just put the multi on thicker.:tanguero:
  11. Pagey

Pagey Private Member