Should I or shouldn’t I!?

Chrisbbb

Hello all,

I’ve never posted on here before but have been a member for years so wanted to pick everyone’s brains if that’s ok.

I’ve been out of the game for a good few years now and wondered what the current state of play was regarding how busy it was out there and if you are making a decent living?
I’m talking about private work really, I’m not and never have been into site work by the metre.
Extensions, internal alterations, re-skims etc. would be what I’d target as a 1 man band. It would take me a few jobs to get back up to a decent pace, but after doing my inlaws single storey extension before Christmas my finish is still ok and I’m clean and tidy.
Obviously I don’t expect anyone to disclose exactly what you earn, but an idea of a ballpark would be grand.
Thanks in advance

Hello all,

I’ve never posted on here before but have been a member for years so wanted to pick everyone’s brains if that’s ok.

I’ve been out of the game for a good few years now and wondered what the current state of play was regarding how busy it was out there and if you are making a decent living?
I’m talking about private work really, I’m not and never have been into site work by the metre.
Extensions, internal alterations, re-skims etc. would be what I’d target as a 1 man band. It would take me a few jobs to get back up to a decent pace, but after doing my inlaws single storey extension before Christmas my finish is still ok and I’m clean and tidy.
Obviously I don’t expect anyone to disclose exactly what you earn, but an idea of a ballpark would be grand.
Thanks in advance
pushing your luck at a grand to many looking for whats out there

Easy a grand . If you put work in . Pull
In little patching jobs on way home too for extra cash . Even do odd weekend . If your starting out private quote first few jobs slightly cheaper to win work . Then when words get arouund and you get busy put your prices up . Bit like a drug dealer lol.

Hello all,

Thanks in advance
On site I was earning 100
Hello all,

Thanks in advance
On site I was getting 100 pounds a day on price work 500aweek I was happy with this, got me van me tools me skill me nvq City and guild, should be happy days, but no, they want plasterer who are on drugs, Green card labs who can skim and can do a house in 2,3day this is what you're up against, I find private jobs when u get one they what it doing for f**k all they pay 20 grand for kitchen but for plastering f**k all 200, if your lucky, it a tramp job, be a ground worker they stick together

On site I was earning 100

On site I was getting 100 pounds a day on price work 500aweek I was happy with this, got me van me tools me skill me nvq City and guild, should be happy days, but no, they want plasterer who are on drugs, Green card labs who can skim and can do a house in 2,3day this is what you're up against, I find private jobs when u get one they what it doing for f**k all they pay 20 grand for kitchen but for plastering f**k all 200, if your lucky, it a tramp job, be a ground worker they stick together
Problem is Andy on site they need plots knocking out quick . When your own on your own and perhaps not particularly quick they are gonna give the work to faster spreads . Its probably not personal it’s just business. Try gettiing into domestic. Turn up be polite and leave a nice clean job and stick to your quote . It is really that simple.

Problem is Andy on site they need plots knocking out quick . When your own on your own and perhaps not particularly quick they are gonna give the work to faster spreads . Its probably not personal it’s just business. Try gettiing into domestic. Turn up be polite and leave a nice clean job and stick to your quote . It is really that simple.
Y when I was on site used to look out of window every body just f**k**g plodding on, plastering is the hardest job now and they want it doing the quickies, to me 500 a week is a good wage with out killing your self it a discusting trade now, van tools skill nvq City and guild what have you got to do to get on

Hello all,

Thanks in advance
Y have plasterers on drugs they have no breaks,gaffer love am, normal plasterer well get kick off site

It’s always been the same . All other trades have tea breaks and plod on etc... but a good fast plasterer can earn his wage for
Dinner time . It’s a dog eat dog world the plastering game on site . Only the strong survive . Don’t blame the plumber and sparks for plodding on . They had the sense to choose that trade .

It’s always been the same . All other trades have tea breaks and plod on etc... but a good fast plasterer can earn his wage for
Dinner time . It’s a dog eat dog world the plastering game on site . Only the strong survive . Don’t blame the plumber and sparks for plodding on . They had the sense to choose that trade .
Plastering was a trade u had to go to college but now they perfer drugis and tramps, a good plastering frim will say to u if u are working u are earning and not on benefits

I not crying just telling how it is

No your telling it how it is through your pussy bitch eyes. Poor you can’t keep on site so rather than try to better yourself you quit and moan.

Theres spreads same age or older who manage it no problem

Why is it like that? f**k**g r******d. We have a lot of skill and we f**k it away in a race to the bottom. Pathetic.

You’re generalising, Andrew. Not ALL plasterers are degenerate druggys. Some of us are alcoholic gamblers.
When I was on site was looking at bricki working f**k me it was like they was on holiday working, y don't they lay brick at a fast speed have no brakes and take drugs

Why is it like that? f**k**g r******d. We have a lot of skill and we f**k it away in a race to the bottom. Pathetic.

Because the skills being removed with the invention of plasterboard. Let’s be honest any f**k*r can skim board. That’s how lads can smash a house out in a day.

Just the way it is unfortunately

Because the skills being removed with the invention of plasterboard. Let’s be honest any f**k*r can skim board. That’s how lads can smash a house out in a day.

Just the way it is unfortunately
That’s why i went domestic. I’d take on all the s**t jobs that no one would want but put silly prices in and get them . Most site spreads don’t like pva or sheeting down etc.. it’s a ball ache but it’s a market

Hello all,

Thanks in advance
Be a site lab better than plastering u can be on that site for months plasterer one house out and they f**k u off

That’s why i went domestic. I’d take on all the s**t jobs that no one would want but put silly prices in and get them . Most site spreads don’t like pva or sheeting down etc.. it’s a ball ache but it’s a market
True mate,but it s**t on your own, same as me, when to look at a kitchen ceiling f**k**g s**t everywere, said to him move all this before I started, he rung me up cancelling job I was f**k**g glad

No your telling it how it is through your pussy bitch eyes. Poor you can’t keep on site so rather than try to better yourself you quit and moan.

Theres spreads same age or older who manage it no problem
Bet they are horrible bastards

Y have plasterers on drugs they have no breaks,gaffer love am, normal plasterer well get kick off site
Because the skills being removed with the invention of plasterboard. Let’s be honest any f**k*r can skim board. That’s how lads can smash a house out in a day. Let’s be honest lumpy all skimming is a piece off Piss what ever background it is u dummy

U no wh
In little patching jobs on way home too for extra cash . Even do odd weekend . If your starting out private quote first few jobs slightly cheaper to win work . Then when words get arouund and you get busy put your prices up . Bit like a drug dealer lol.
Can I come and see you make a grand a week and do jobs on way home please

Thanks for this mate, suppose it’s just getting out there and building up a reputation!
It’s good to know that you can still earn a decent living on the trowel if you put the effort in.

B
Thanks for this mate, suppose it’s just getting out there and building up a reputation!
It’s good to know that you can still earn a decent living on the trowel if you put the effort in.
Best thing I ever did . Just try and price a weeks work for your expected wage and take it from there . You can’t go wrong . Even if you just did one ceiling a day or half a room your gonna piss £500 a week