Should Tapered Edge of Board Align With Window?

Members online

The last time I insulated around the reveals of a window, I aligned the square edges of the sheets so they butted up against the reveal inserts. Then I plastered so there was a gradient all the way to the window frame. Should I be using the tapered edges instead? Or would that result in the angle beading getting buried when I plaster the joint? I'm not skimming the boards.
IMG_20180426_212536.jpg

I meant at the point where the angle bead goes though? If the bead is tight to the corner, will it get covered? I have to cut sheets into 8 x 2s to get them upstairs, so they'll only have one tapered edge and I'd prefer to keep that edge on the other side so that it buts against another tapered sheet on the wall.

I meant at the point where the angle bead goes though? If the bead is tight to the corner, will it get covered? I have to cut sheets into 8 x 2s to get them upstairs, so they'll only have one tapered edge and I'd prefer to keep that edge on the other side so that it buts against another tapered sheet on the wall.

Plaster skim will take out any discrepancies.

If your worried the bead will sit too deep into the taper bed it in with skim you’ve got adjustment then. Personally I wouldn’t bother just staple clout whatever your preferred method (not tape unless you want it to float up through the finish)

The last time I insulated around the reveals of a window, I aligned the square edges of the sheets so they butted up against the reveal inserts. Then I plastered so there was a gradient all the way to the window frame. Should I be using the tapered edges instead? Or would that result in the angle beading getting buried when I plaster the joint? I'm not skimming the boards.
View attachment 42195
Blob ot muck on the corner every ft , press the bead in with a short straight edge so it's in line with the flat surface , leave to go hard