Shoulder hurting? Tennis elbow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have pondered on this for a couple of years now. What can i do that brings me a similar income that is less physical. Not a lot a spread can do. Used to own a pub and have a long family history in the pub trade but that is another trade that has had its arse kicked. Keep hoping those 6 numbers come in, that said 4 would be nice right now.

I can have the blood treatment for £250 but the quack is not prepared yet to give me as although he knows how to give me the treatment he cannot advise on post treatment rehabilitation. It is a not get it right and I could sue situation.

So until he knows how to advise on post op treatment it is on hold.

rigs tell him to get practicing ffs:RpS_biggrin: when i go back in 5 weeks am gonna ask him to give me the blood work to see if it works, hes told me he doesnt want to give it to me because of all the injections ive had, but hey oh whats the worst that can happen?? its fncked anyway and if it doesnt work then just do the op

last year was bad for me. i saw a physio at hospital, he gave me stretching exercises. to be honest i have lost a lot of weight as well and this years great. i had a trapped nerve in my left shoulder (i am right handed) so that made me compromise and effect other areas when troweling. i am not in to killing myself anymore, what i dont get finished today i can do tomorrow, i am self employed so i do have that luxury.

just like to add this because Ive had various knee and shoulder problems over the years. Cortisone injections didnt work for me - all they do is mask the problem and alleviate the pain and so sometimes give relief for some - but only pain relief.
The problem as I see it is wear and tear and poor nutrition - we eat a westernised over processed diet and dont get the nutrient we need to repair effectively.
The minerals/vits we generally lack in the west are magnesium, Vit C and silicon and sulphur plus others but the ones noted here are specific to rebuilding connective tissue.
we generally cant get it form our food because intensive farming has stripped minerals from the soil and all commercial farmers do is put down NKP plus caco3 to give good crop yields.
The way I got round it was to supplement & 6 months later there was significant improvement.

supplements:
magnesium malate or mag citrate - not oxide because its poorly absorbed. amount as per manufacturers instructions
Vit C - get a powder or granulated form of ascorbic acid. if you add i third of the amount of bicarbonate of soda to ascorbic acid it makes ascorbate which is more easily absorbed and easier on the stomach when mixed with water. (1-5 grams/day)
MSM - with or without chondroitin - Suplhur 500- 1000mg/day
Diatomaceos earth (DE - silicon) human grade - a fine powder, when mixed with water - forms a small amount of silicic acid in the water which is used directly by the body.
The easy and cost effective way is to dump a teaspoonful in a pint glass and top up with water, stir let it settle and drink the next morning then top it up again with water, let it settle and do the same each day. 1 teaspoon lasts about week or three!

Doctors - some are good some are not - they are generally salesmen - same as everyone else nowadays. they for the most part wont address the problem but rather sell some drug or treatment their practice gets a commission on.

Wiffy also had knee problems and was told she would need an operation to sort out damaged cartilidge. She was also told by one doctor & 2 consultants that her knee would not heal itself. long story short - no operation and supplemented her diet with the above and 8 months later no knee problems.
Its best to remember - it take years for the problem to develop and takes time to heal properly! dont expect instant results.

I dont want to sound like im on a high horse about this or anything and Im not trying to sell anything - just relaying what worked for me and the common sense behind it.- though ebay had most of what i needed.
It simply treats the root cause of joint wear & gives the connective tissue with what it needs to rebuild properly. physiotherapy is also good as pointed out in earlier posts.

Hope this info is of some use to any here who have joint repair problems.

regards to all

well the surgeon signed me off yesterday and booked me in for the right one doing 17th July

just like to add this because Ive had various knee and shoulder problems over the years. Cortisone injections didnt work for me - all they do is mask the problem and alleviate the pain and so sometimes give relief for some - but only pain relief.
The problem as I see it is wear and tear and poor nutrition - we eat a westernised over processed diet and dont get the nutrient we need to repair effectively.
The minerals/vits we generally lack in the west are magnesium, Vit C and silicon and sulphur plus others but the ones noted here are specific to rebuilding connective tissue.
we generally cant get it form our food because intensive farming has stripped minerals from the soil and all commercial farmers do is put down NKP plus caco3 to give good crop yields.
The way I got round it was to supplement & 6 months later there was significant improvement.

supplements:
magnesium malate or mag citrate - not oxide because its poorly absorbed. amount as per manufacturers instructions
Vit C - get a powder or granulated form of ascorbic acid. if you add i third of the amount of bicarbonate of soda to ascorbic acid it makes ascorbate which is more easily absorbed and easier on the stomach when mixed with water. (1-5 grams/day)
MSM - with or without chondroitin - Suplhur 500- 1000mg/day
Diatomaceos earth (DE - silicon) human grade - a fine powder, when mixed with water - forms a small amount of silicic acid in the water which is used directly by the body.
The easy and cost effective way is to dump a teaspoonful in a pint glass and top up with water, stir let it settle and drink the next morning then top it up again with water, let it settle and do the same each day. 1 teaspoon lasts about week or three!

Doctors - some are good some are not - they are generally salesmen - same as everyone else nowadays. they for the most part wont address the problem but rather sell some drug or treatment their practice gets a commission on.

Wiffy also had knee problems and was told she would need an operation to sort out damaged cartilidge. She was also told by one doctor & 2 consultants that her knee would not heal itself. long story short - no operation and supplemented her diet with the above and 8 months later no knee problems.
Its best to remember - it take years for the problem to develop and takes time to heal properly! dont expect instant results.

I dont want to sound like im on a high horse about this or anything and Im not trying to sell anything - just relaying what worked for me and the common sense behind it.- though ebay had most of what i needed.
It simply treats the root cause of joint wear & gives the connective tissue with what it needs to rebuild properly. physiotherapy is also good as pointed out in earlier posts.

Hope this info is of some use to any here who have joint repair problems.

regards to all

I agree.

There are multi vitamins on the market and some are more complex than others. I had a knee problem late 80,s and and a wrist problem in the 90,s. The knee need surgery and I cannot walk over the moors the hard way anymore. The wrist involved 6 years off the trowel, plastering days are over and very careful how I render.

Junk food is out. Chips once a week and made at home. No fat at all. skimmed milk. Fresh fruit daily and loads of veggies with either fish or chicken.

The other concern is the fruit which comes in perfect condition grown in a sunny Country has no insect marks. Pesticides. Eat healthy and die of cancer!

I have had cod liver oil daily for years and Glusosomine & Chondroiten. Ideal for lubricating the joints. Selenium and zinc with vits ac&e and a vit B complex.

For those on a tight budget Morrisons do 3 for a fiver.

We all take our health for granted but my advice to the fit spreads out there is your days are numbered so to extend the inevitable, start taking at least cod liver oil now at least and perhaps a multi vitamin. You of course will not feel the benefits because you have no problems but you will put off the problems by a few years. Cut out fat, fat clogs the arteries and don,t smoke.

We all take our health for granted but my advice to the fit spreads out there is your days are numbered so to extend the inevitable, start taking at least cod liver oil now at least and perhaps a multi vitamin. You of course will not feel the benefits because you have no problems but you will put off the problems by a few years. Cut out fat, fat clogs the arteries and don,t smoke.

I agree - people need to learn abit about food, health and suchlike. our grandparents never had health problems like those we all seem to experience today and lived a relatively chemical free existence & were healthier and stronger for longer than the majority nowadays.

With the battering our bodies take in all the trades we need to know what helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.