Sick of pain

Spraypro

Hey all. My name is george and I have worked in the trades as a plastered/painter for almost 30 years. My right shoulder is in so much pain just with normal activities even like pulling up my socks hurts like hell I have had surgery on it but plastering and painting has taken its toll. Now I was diagnosed with spinal stenosis I went to doc because just walking 100 feet was very painfully so I thought it was my hip NOT. With this new diagnosis its so hard to work. Any suggestions?

Sounds like you need good physio exercises.

I always think it’s good to change the way you work. Try flexi’s or speed skim if you’re not already to take pressure off/give over worked muscles a rest etc

Or more radically, there’s always taking a different job for a bit if you can. Delivery driver is pretty stationary. You can always pick your trowel back up

Best of luck. Working in pain absolutely sucks

I always think it’s good to change the way you work. Try flexi’s or speed skim if you’re not already to take pressure off/give over worked muscles a rest etc

Or more radically, there’s always taking a different job for a bit if you can. Delivery driver is pretty stationary. You can always pick your trowel back up

The f**k would you know about "over worked muscles"?
Fannying around with bits of masonry or filling the odd chase. Lazy tart.

Cut out the processed foods and beverages, good whole foods and include natural anti inflammatory foods such as ginger, pineapple, turmeric, plenty h2o ( I'm still a tea and coffee junkie), strength exercises, walking in countryside, stretching, plenty of rest/sleep.
Can't burn the candle at both ends forever, I never had any injuries or problems until my late 40's then few years later have adjusted my lifestyle and am slowly getting back to my old self again.

Physio won't do fuk all for spinal stenosis nor will the NHS Believe me my dad had that it's fukin awful