Silicone Top Coat Help

I’ve done the opppsite,
when we wanted a panel to dry quicker in cold weather. I didn’t have access to any accelerator, so sent one of the lads to Tesco for a cheap hair dryer, worked a treat. Fortunately it was only a small panel.

I’ve done the opppsite,
when we wanted a panel to dry quicker in cold weather. I didn’t have access to any accelerator, so sent one of the lads to Tesco for a cheap hair dryer, worked a treat. Fortunately it was only a small panel.

We often use big industrial air blowers in winter and put a cover of the scaffold to seal makes a massive difference at times.

We often use big industrial air blowers in winter and put a cover of the scaffold to seal makes a massive difference at times.
I can imagine, but We don’t usually have the need, you can get good accelerators to go in bucket coats that set in an hour or so after application.

Reet gadgies Av got an issue.
Sometimes when you spray bucke coat you spray too much in one place and it goes all shiny and looks shite so i scraped a patch off and re sprayed but it still looks patchy so I either :
1. Respray the whole panel hoping to hide the patch but then the texture looks heavier and not as neat.
2.Try to scrape the panel back (tried this in the lockup and its like bell metal so currently experimenting with various paint strippers nitro mors etc to see if it softens enough to scrape it off)
3. Hope someone on here has a mint solution to this issue or even an idea of how to sort it when you spray too much in one spot.

Cheers Marra

Love
Arti xxx
Scrape the patch and Any areas you are not happy with to level with the good part . If you have to fill in here and there do it and flatten again. Overspray and float. I have said it before- NOTHING BEATS HAND FINISHED SSILICONE TOP COAT!
I know @Rossi46 will disagree, but I’ll forgive him.......this time ;)

Im back on the job Tuesday and ill update how it goes. My heart if comforted by all your support. even from @owls