Simon |from Guildford Surrey,living in Menorca Spain for 5 years.

Simon Binixica

Hi Everyone, thought id introduce myself, my name is Simon , im 42 originally from Uk, emigrated to Menorca Spain with the wife and kids in 2014.
Im a City and Guilds Qualified
Plasterer, I learnt to plaster in 2012, as a secondary trade as im primarily a Kitchen fitter, and Was always waiting for Plasterers!
Running my own business out in Spain, business going ok.
Using their products, found the best plaster, not quite multi finish but not bad called Perlinor super.
Anyway, nice to meet you all.

f39d98c3334fbe681ef22116f177a27c.jpg

Hi Everyone, thought id introduce myself, my name is Simon , im 42 originally from Uk, emigrated to Menorca Spain with the wife and kids in 2014.
Plasterer, I learnt to plaster in 2012, as a secondary trade as im primarily a Kitchen fitter, and Was always waiting for Plasterers!
Using their products, found the best plaster, not quite multi finish but not bad called Perlinor super.

I'm afraid you're going to get suspished for a bit....don't worry, we know you're not really *******.

Ola. Do u only work for expat. Can u get Guinness on tap.
Hi, Yes work for myself, and the spanish occasionally. and a local builder when he needs me to plaster.
I have a small villa management company so we take care of the maintenance on other peoples properties which creates a lot of work.
yes guiness on tap but only in a couple of bars i know of!!

welcome

Hi there,
I'm heading to Barcelona area to help friends who are renovating a house there.
I'm a plasterer with 25 years experience in UK, but never used Spanish materials.
It'll be mostly plastering onto those hollow clay bricks, high suction no doubt.
Could you recommend a product? I've heard about a plaster called escayola, used as a backing plaster and can either be sponged then trowelled up to a slightly rustic finish, or coated with perlita...
I may be completely wrong though! (Probably!)
Also do they use PVA there or some Sika product to kill the suction/ bonding agent?
I may resort to sand and cement though wouldn't know about local admixes...
Any advice welcome!
Cheers