Single coat render

Members online

Buzzer

Hi all, I've hacked stone cladding off brick, will be using krend ready mixed top coat and primer, going on single coat of cement lime plaster sand mix, is it good to add pva and water proofer, any replies appreciated

Hi all, I've hacked stone cladding off brick, will be using krend ready mixed top coat and primer, going on single coat of cement lime plaster sand mix, is it good to add pva and water proofer, any replies appreciated
A couple of things wrong there. Refer to manufacturers specifications, consult a professional renderer. Can we have a couple of pictures of your job so you can get best advice. I like pics (y)

A couple of things wrong there. Refer to manufacturers specifications, consult a professional renderer. Can we have a couple of pictures of your job so you can get best advice. I like pics (y)

Attachments

• IMG_20191114_152506418.jpg
    IMG_20191114_152506418.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 147
Is it inside or outside job? You mention waterproofer, then I guess outside, don’t use PVA, use SBR.

Yeh that sounds about right to me mate you crack on, and don’t forget to put the after pics up once you’ve finished (y)
I was told to use lime in the mix to stop any cracking and better to work with, told also this takes out any need for additives, help appreciated ,,,,,,,,,,,,oh dear,? That's a mix up? and you crack on,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Come on mate what do you expect you've come on a forum with professional spreads and proposed to use internal plastering materials traditional sand and cement materials and modern silicone materials if you're that far off the Mark you shouldn't be considering doing the job get a professional to do the job

I was told to use lime in the mix to stop any cracking and better to work with, told also this takes out any need for additives, help appreciated ,,,,,,,,,,,,oh dear,? That's a mix up? and you crack on,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Not being a Tw@ mate but seriously think a little bit about it, your using a bucket coat finish which you have no experience using or finishing, your putting it onto one coat of four different products and you also think it’s ok to use pva as a stabiliser. How do you really think it’s going to pan out? I’ll save you the hassle your gonna f**k it up big time, now why not try contacting a local tradesman and doing it for you? It’s probably gonna be better doing it in ocr as opposed to what you’ve suggested also, no need to thank me put the cheque for £2500 in the post that way I’ve earned more for replying and not leaving my house and drinking beer than @lurpak did this morning and finishing for dinner lol

Not being a Tw@ mate but seriously think a little bit about it, your using a bucket coat finish which you have no experience using or finishing, your putting it onto one coat of four different products and you also think it’s ok to use pva as a stabiliser. How do you really think it’s going to pan out? I’ll save you the hassle your gonna f**k it up big time, now why not try contacting a local tradesman and doing it for you? It’s probably gonna be better doing it in ocr as opposed to what you’ve suggested also, no need to thank me put the cheque for £2500 in the post that way I’ve earned more for replying and not leaving my house and drinking beer than @lurpak did this morning and finishing for dinner lol

4pm today not happy