Site Work Firms

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

CeeVee

How do you find firms that only take on site work?

I'm meaning to ask if they need subbys?

Fed the fcuk up of domestic shite, and builders can only keep you going for so long. Even they've nicked a big slice of our pie by doing all the boarding!

Some good old site work is what I need.

Fcuk the shite prices I'll have to make it pay.

Anyone know any such firms?...In Yorkshire?

Get a good gang together and go find the site managers etc.

Cut the firm out the equation

Get a good gang together and go find the site managers etc.

Cut the firm out the equation

Try large drylining outfits ignore currier **** too many people off word gets round and you're sat on you're ass with no contacts its a small world

Trouble with site work is getting paid! Plasterers will always undercut one another, always have and always will. Not like plumbers, they stick together. You have to pay for the materials and pay your subbies on demand and then sit back and wait. Unless the rewards outweigh the risks then keep to private.

Yeh you have to look at loads of jobs to fill a week in but the pay is better, on time and sometimes cash.

I jacked the plastering game in years ago with no regrets. Plasterers hate each other, builders hate plasters and there is no respect what so ever. Makes an old man of you before your time.

CeeVee - get in touch with someone like Sheffield Insulation,Encon or CCF - see if you can get them to tell you which companies are buying lots of plaster on big jobs at the moment, or see who they are pricing for big jobs coming up soon.......

Or get in touch with some of the plaster supplier reps .... they should know what sites are running or due to start and who is on them or likely to be!

Good luck to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.