Skim peeling over green grit??

f**k him he's not worth my time
Oh s**t this is getting interesting..

Yeah, plaster like chewing gum. I had the same trouble.
I changed to a Nela max plastic trowel to stop it peeling off.
Nearly packed plastering in because of it.
Got its number now but it’s been a f*ck about.

It’s like I’ve had to learn all my backgrounds again.

Exactly mate , you changed something, most don’t and do the same thing was what I meant, Taylor if your customer just pasted it on and didn’t stir it it isn’t gonna work as it says, the grit will be at the bottom of the tub
As for multi why does everyone still use the same gear if they had Shiite stuff either swap to board or shop somewhere else for it

Yeah, plaster like chewing gum. I had the same trouble.
I changed to a Nela max plastic trowel to stop it peeling off.
Nearly packed plastering in because of it.
Got its number now but it’s been a f*ck about.

It’s like I’ve had to learn all my backgrounds again.
I use the nela plastic for finishing every time

Exactly mate , you changed something, most don’t and do the same thing was what I meant, Taylor if your customer just pasted it on and didn’t stir it it isn’t gonna work as it says, the grit will be at the bottom of the tub
As for multi why does everyone still use the same gear if they had Shiite stuff either swap to board or shop somewhere else for it

I use the nela plastic for finishing every time
Really??

Do you use board finish on any background?

I’ve tried to get pure. Travis was happy to drop me 40 bags off until they realised this property wasn’t in the same area and the local travis wont. f**k around

I have done it in the past but didn’t feel comfortable doing it
Just read a few threads on board finish. Lot of guys saying its all they've ever used for years, onto board, reskims, over artex etc. I'm going to give it a go tomorrow. I really don't think it can be any worse than multi

Do you use board finish on any background?
Yes mate drys slightly faster but I’ve always swapped if using multi and it’s not troweling up nice also change primer I use a lot to of skimming over crap tbh I wouldn’t ever use that green grit it’s crap

Ive never had a problem with the green grit [cementone]i think its the background its been put on [too dry] and it has sucked the life out of it.

Only used thistle bond it twice last year mate the rest of time I use gyprime or pva
Tried micro for a while but thought it’s pointless tbf and the cemitone range I think is just cheap alternative but have seen a few have issue with them
I like the blue mate always water it down a bit so easier to spread good on the suction and decent finish