Skim peeling over green grit??

Members online

taylorhendersonplastering

Been on a job last 2 days and the fella brought me a load of this shite from travis Perkins obviously multifinish in another colour bag??
Peeling off the grit on second coat and much darker colour finish than normal??
What the f**k are BG playing at??

Been on a job last 2 days and the fella brought me a load of this shite from travis Perkins obviously multifinish in another colour bag??
Suspect packages??

Attachments

• 538D6A41-2F81-4134-AFA3-FF3D6273E0D1.jpeg
    538D6A41-2F81-4134-AFA3-FF3D6273E0D1.jpeg
    984 KB · Views: 576
It is a dark red package very suspicious indeed..close inspection of this unsavoury looking bags I decided to rip open and put to the test..when mixing could see that this shite was going to cause me a few technical difficulties..lays up like chewing gum and rips when flattering down??went to jewsons today and got some of orange and white much easier day don’t know what the f**k that s**t was??

It is a dark red package very suspicious indeed..close inspection of this unsavoury looking bags I decided to rip open and put to the test..when mixing could see that this shite was going to cause me a few technical difficulties..lays up like chewing gum and rips when flattering down??went to jewsons today and got some of orange and white much easier day don’t know what the fk that st was??

@BritishGypsum

Used two bags of that today and it was fine,still got problems with the bonding today have to be quick with it as its setting in the bucket and stuck to the trowel.

Was the green grit the Cementone one? Have used a couple of tubs recently for the first time and quite liked it as a bit finer grit.

I'm using those bags today, just about to second coat. Looking forward to this now ...

b*ll***s. How can you badly prep board lol.

I had gear tested and it came back as faulty so it does happen.
I reckon he could be right tbf. After 10 years of prepping rooms I must have suddenly become s**t at it

I reckon he could be right tbf. After 10 years of prepping rooms I must have suddenly become s**t at it

I do know what he means. Too much pva. Wallpaper glue. Etc etc can make the gear funny.

But when you have faulty gear it’s completely different.