Skywalker stilts

Members online

Niallmac

Hello All.
I was wondering if anyone knew the reason why Marshalltown stopped making the Skywalker stilts? I wanted to get a set for one of my guys as his broke in a fall ( he's 6'6" and 19 stone ), but it seems they aren't being made anymore.
I have old Dura-stilt ones myself which are fine. I have heard the double-sided Sur-pro stilts are very good, but that the inside metal arms can sometimes bang off each other as you walk, therfore maybe causing a trip hazard.
Any thoughts on the matter would be appreciated.
Thanks.

one thing I have learnt from marshalltown over the years is they don't tell anybody anything....

Very bizzare marketing strategy

Hello All.
I was wondering if anyone knew the reason why Marshalltown stopped making the Skywalker stilts? I wanted to get a set for one of my guys as his broke in a fall ( he's 6'6" and 19 stone ), but it seems they aren't being made anymore.
I have old Dura-stilt ones myself which are fine. I have heard the double-sided Sur-pro stilts are very good, but that the inside metal arms can sometimes bang off each other as you walk, therfore maybe causing a trip hazard.
Thanks.
6f6 19 stone on stilt enough to scare anybody

Hello All.
Thanks.
I recently bought some double leg Sur-pro stilts after my MT Skywalkers finally gave up and snapped on me. The Sur-pro’s are very comfortable and secure, definitely worth the money in my opinion. I did knock the inside leg as you mentioned a couple of times when I first used them but didn’t take long to adjust.

Seen these, seem to be same design as skywalkers, just different make. They were over 400quid though I think
Screenshot_20190131-185632_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Don’t know the answer but I do know that the last time I used stilts I slipped and done the splits, that must have been 18 years ago, haven’t touched a set since