Smaller trowel handle

Members online

No members online now.

The Claw

Hi There,

I'm a novice plasterer. I'm finding my marshalltown trowel handle is too large for my hands. Although I'm able to grip well enough to get a good clean finish my 3rd and 4th finger are really feeling the effects with prolonged usage.

Are there any manufacturers who produce good quality trowels which have thinner handles? Any suggestions, would really be appreciated.

Cheers
Tom

The Faithfull red handle. I think made by Pavan in Italy.

Not bad trowels at all. Stainless and carbon available. Very comfortable small ergonomic grips.

Hi There,

I'm a novice plasterer. I'm finding my marshalltown trowel handle is too large for my hands. Although I'm able to grip well enough to get a good clean finish my 3rd and 4th finger are really feeling the effects with prolonged usage.

Are there any manufacturers who produce good quality trowels which have thinner handles? Any suggestions, would really be appreciated.

Cheers
Tom
I'm guessing you have really small hands Tom! Maybe hairdressing would be a better route for you or maybe hand model for Argos!

Hi There,

Cheers
Tom

You'll probably find it clears up with more practice.

Hi There,

Cheers
Tom
When I started plastering it wasn’t long at all before I got trigger finger and my knuckle joints swelled up. My physio friend said, imagine doing a marathon a day with no training. That’s what you’re putting your hands through. It calmed down in the end . Still got trigger and fingers sometimes swell in winter but it’s fine

Hi There,

Cheers
Tom
I just sand the square edge at the front of the handle to round it off and leave the rest, I used to sand a handle on a trowel to clean it decades ago but I started getting cramp in my hand where it got to small. If I were you I would leave the handle as fat as it is

Hi There,

Cheers
Tom
Ffs Tom , get a grip ! :ROFLMAO:

When I started plastering it wasn’t long at all before I got trigger finger and my knuckle joints swelled up. My physio friend said, imagine doing a marathon a day with no training. That’s what you’re putting your hands through. It calmed down in the end . Still got trigger and fingers sometimes swell in winter but it’s fine
You are indeed a warrior ! More power to you !