so cold...

Members online

Dansouthcoast84

Private Member
sand cementing a summer house for a mate this week.

been so cold weve layed on by 10. cleaned up by 1030... and go home til 3pm to start rubbing up!

The joy's of winter!! Worse when it freezes on you and starts sagging and dropping off!! That's why I won't touch s/c in winter ain't worth the stress

-8 here Monday morning at 7. left the ritmo in a cabin on site over the weekend, it was that cold the ritmo froze up inside the cabin.

Sod’s law all my rendering jobs come this time of year, for me a dry spring day is ideal weather for rendering.

We get no end of render enquiries from autumn onwards.
"Not until spring", they always seem surprised.
Different if I've got plenty of inside work on the same job so I can pick and choose the suitable days.

-8 here Monday morning at 7. left the ritmo in a cabin on site over the weekend, it was that cold the ritmo froze up inside the cabin.

thats a no from me... I would be tucked up inside for that... brrerrrrr

Guaranteed the phone rings from the end of November for external rendering, I either tell them to wait till march or pass to a guy who's geared up for it. He has a few lads and works off Dutch pins and works in all weathers and does a top job. People don't look at their roofs or walls till the sun stops shining then s**t it lol

We get no end of render enquiries from autumn onwards.
"Not until spring", they always seem surprised.
Different if I've got plenty of inside work on the same job so I can pick and choose the suitable days.
No kidding, within an hour of posting yesterday the phone rings with another rendering enquiry!
This time the potential customer listens and agrees that it'd be better left until spring, despite him having a scaffold up already.
I like talking to sensible people.

The joy's of winter!! Worse when it freezes on you and starts sagging and dropping off!! That's why I won't touch s/c in winter ain't worth the stress
I'm the same m8 end of Oct to mid March I though when it below 5 it to cold but do see lads rendering chimneys in cold weather can't be good

could only top 1 side a day... on by 915am and couldnt start rubbing til 330pm..

Attachments

• 20180112_155438.jpg
    20180112_155438.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 394