Sponge float

Members online

Sponging skimming is the biggest pile of shite I've ever seen
Yep

Attachments

• 20180911_140802.jpg
    20180911_140802.jpg
    712.4 KB · Views: 338
I don't see the point in it you've still got to trowel it up ?? Each to there own I suppose all looks the same painted

Welll I am about to eat my hat...

My friend just had his new build plastered and it was a romanian chap and when he told me I did have a giggle especially when he asked me why I didnt use a sponge...

I dropped in there yesterday and was expecting to be pissing myself... but nope... I could not pick fault with it and the lad was chucking on a room at a time...

Charged £3800 and was finished in 5 days...

My friend just had his new build plastered and it was a romanian chap and when he told me I did have a giggle especially when he asked me why I didnt use a sponge...

I dropped in there yesterday and was expecting to be pissing myself... but nope... I could not pick fault with it and the lad was chucking on a room at a time...

Good to see others charging accordingly. That’s exact what a good spread should pull in a week, minimum

Do they two coat it then sponge over before trowel ?

I don't see the point in it you've still got to trowel it up ?? Each to there own I suppose all looks the same painted
I was gonna try it mate then decided not to bother
Would be interesting to sit down and watch some one do it tbf but I have no time

You were not looking hard enough ..:inocente:

Only ever used sponge on on Knauf mp one coat . Used to float it on then scrape it back with spat then sponge it and flatten . I’m tempted to try it with skim . I’m the first to call everyone a chancer who does it but maybe I’m missing out on something

1 guy skimmed a house in 5 days immaculately? Unless it's a very small house I call bullshit, unless he was just sleeping there and doing 3 or 4 sets a day. Which if he was Romanian he probably was

1 guy skimmed a house in 5 days immaculately? Unless it's a very small house I call bullshit, unless he was just sleeping there and doing 3 or 4 sets a day. Which if he was Romanian he probably was

It’s very possible on plasterboard mate. I bang out 4 bed hmos in 10 days alone that’s full prep some floating etc artex everything. Id bang a small boarded 3 bed out in 5 days

• Agree
Reactions: Djr
Three moves a day was standard for me when I was on site.