sponge floats on multifinnish

Status
Not open for further replies.
its good if your doing a posh one coat like the job im on at the mo (not getting paid enough to do a full 2 coat) but if you sponge a posh oner itll come out just as good as long as you know what your doin timeing is of the essence

Say you're doing 3 bags mix up a half fill all the joints and around beads and keep it neat
Wash out out lay it on a bit thicker let it pick up, trowel it, then you want it like it's ready for a wet trowel but a little wetter then soak it with a garden sprayer, sponge it, trowel it you don't want it too wet or you'll leave the lines in, when you're troweling it take you're hawk with you it's quicker too scrape the excess on too then trowel up like normal
If you're doing 2-3 bags you should be able to follow it round and you'll be done in an hour and a half plus the laying on time

Were doing 2 Big sets at the mo 2 coating, regardless of what people say it's handy to know how to do it you get 3 sets in even in the winter and if you're working in tighter spaces and you can only get smaller sets on

or just use it when your in a spot of bother and time is against. i dont think the finish is as good though

Makes me laugh the anti 1 coat crew they must think all 2 coating done by plasterers use a magic wand that makes it perfect

Thats the sponge pulling the aggregate to the surface and it doesn't feel gritty at all unless some idiot did it

FFs don't take it the wrong way I don't do it all the time but if you do it right it's fine and a good way to earn money when every other ******* is trying to **** you

i wassnt sure what i made of it wen i herd about this sponge float thingy, but i asked spunk how to do it tried it and as i said before IF you know what your doin with it and you learn to get your timeings right the finish is spot on ive been doin it for a while on this job im on, but as i said thier not paying enough and thier attitude stinks they really dnt give a flying fook how its finished as long as it is plastererd, i still leave a pristine job (reputation is still on the line) but the posh one coat is ample enough for what thier paying, it isnt really bad what thier paying but it was enough for me to crack out the sponge.
if you know the crack with the sponge it will work for ya and it does reduce times so you can get that 3rd hit on and home in time, im doin 3sets a day and finisheing between 2.30 and 3.30

FFs don't take it the wrong way I don't do it all the time but if you do it right it's fine and a good way to earn money when every other ******* is trying to **** you

easy tiger keep ya knickers on. it just feels gritty when im troweling up. not the finished plaster. I thought i took your comment of being an idiot quite well spunkster...:RpS_thumbup:

i wassnt sure what i made of it wen i herd about this sponge float thingy, but i asked spunk how to do it tried it and as i said before IF you know what your doin with it and you learn to get your timeings right the finish is spot on ive been doin it for a while on this job im on, but as i said thier not paying enough and thier attitude stinks they really dnt give a flying fook how its finished as long as it is plastererd, i still leave a pristine job (reputation is still on the line) but the posh one coat is ample enough for what thier paying, it isnt really bad what thier paying but it was enough for me to crack out the sponge.
if you know the crack with the sponge it will work for ya and it does reduce times so you can get that 3rd hit on and home in time, im doin 3sets a day and finisheing between 2.30 and 3.30
when ive used it to help flatten in i only give it one water after instead of two maybe thats where i go wrong for getting the final finish better

i do it as spunks says mate lay it on trowel over it to get it near then time the sponge right trowel it out, one wet trowel and a cross with a plazzy and its job done and move on, works dream mate, again i dnt use it all the time just if it calls for it

The important bits dry troweling after the sponge get this wrong and it's s**t after that just do whatever it needs

doesn't matter what you use if you get on it early the lines stay in too late and you're 2 coating

I've only used a sponge float on multi when doing skirting lines or ceiling lines when coving is going up to cover it...

Never used it on a full area can't really see the benefits

bloody hell i know im new to this site and im an old fart but, when did spreads start using sponges on any skimming apart from leaving a pattern, whats wrong with just flattening with steel trowel or are we different in the north west of england?

Too true jolly, not a lover of the sponge, mixed opinions from spreads on this forum,if u say u don't like the sponge, u will get told by some you don't know what u r doing, maybe so, I will stick with the trowel an 2 coat skim,it's all about opinions

bloody hell i know im new to this site and im an old fart but, when did spreads start using sponges on any skimming apart from leaving a pattern, whats wrong with just flattening with steel trowel or are we different in the north west of england?
Yeah you're all thick ***** :)

Have a look at one coat spec spray finish that will really do you heads in then :RpS_tongue:

Been hand applying this week, it really is nice stuff

horses for courses with the sponge. i only use one when the set is going off to quick and im lagging behind

think there great for bathing get in all tight spots also good for cleaning the van:RpS_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.