Spores appearing after newly plastered wall

Members online

We_Can_Do_It__qhtlbj.jpg

Loving how some of these conversions go!

So in answer to some of the questions...
  • While the builder bought the Celotex boards, I am fairly sure that these were bought from trade at the time he needed them. They were sat in the garage for a couple of days before use and looked brand new. I have pics of these somewhere too.
  • The order of doing the conversion was a bit back to front as they were trying to complete before xmas, so that wall and a couple of others were plastered while the garage door was still on, so was cold with no heating for a couple of weeks. So @worthwoods probably has it right.
  • It's all the way down the External wall, not just at the window end. Worse at the joins.
I have wiped down the walls with mold solution and prepped ready for painting. I am going to leave a few days to see if anything more comes out. The heating has been on in that room now for a good couple of weeks so the room is now aligned with the rest of the house.

Thanks all for your feedback. I will report back at the end of the week in hope it helps anyone else.

Bullshit! You shite bareback down the side of sheds like a smelly ginger fox, you filthy little beast! X

isn’t this just what happens when fresh plaster is painted too soon before drying out properly?

isn’t this just what happens when fresh plaster is painted too soon before drying out properly?

Usually you'll inhibit the drying process and you'll see the wall through the paint.

Customer did it to me last year. It looked patchy for a bit and then just went away.