Spraying and ruling..timing and problems

Members online

BigBish

Hi all

Hoping for some input.

I've had recent success with two jobs completed and a third underway with Ryan's eze k4.

Great bit of kit and a faultless service from p1ss.

A few problems early on came from letting the machine any while ruling off each lift, resulting in a jammed stator.

So with advice from Andrew hill at p1ss I sprayed wetter and the whole hit before ruling off.

I found the top to be to stiff and dragged off in places. I also had to go back over it all as I had low spots which meant cleaning the machine twice.

My labourer is not very good at spraying yet and can't rule off to save his life, so it's down to me on all fronts.

I've found the best way is to spray a few metres, rule, final spray to fill misses and move on, keeping the machine idle time to a minimum.

Until my labourer gets to a level where he can spray what do you guys suggest?

One single wet pass ? Followed by another immediately ?

When mesh is bedded in top coat how would you keep the machine moving inbetween bedding in times ?

Silly questions which I know the best answer would be a third man to spray but it was hard enough finding one decent bloke.

Any input welcome.

J

I use the EZE24 so not quite the same, but I have a bloke mix and pour on the ground while I spray and flatten before we both scrape in the afternoon.

I generally get about 10m2 on at a time before dropping back to flatten with the serrated. The pipes dont usually clog up in this time so I can carry on spraying then.

I find if I get the second pass on nice and thick that whatever comes off onto the edge will go on to fill the voids. All done quite quickly and fairly rough to start.

I only ever mesh into rendaid. I know some don't like to but Weber told me to ( they tell everyone different) and its worked great so far.

On new block I mesh the stress points, again as directed by Weber...if that means anything.

When its all on its usually just about right to close it in.

Given that then, I generally have plenty of time to get the timing right.

Touch wood! So far!....

This time of year your going to get caught out if you havnt got a system with decent areas with rising temps.
We spray one pass over the whole area then a second all in one go but there's 3 of us full time, more bodies makes life so much easier and profitable.but it's finding a system that works, it also depends what you are spraying they all have different characteristics.

Hi all

Hoping for some input.

I've had recent success with two jobs completed and a third underway with Ryan's eze k4.

A few problems early on came from letting the machine any while ruling off each lift, resulting in a jammed stator.

So with advice from Andrew hill at p1ss I sprayed wetter and the whole hit before ruling off.

I found the top to be to stiff and dragged off in places. I also had to go back over it all as I had low spots which meant cleaning the machine twice.

My labourer is not very good at spraying yet and can't rule off to save his life, so it's down to me on all fronts.

I've found the best way is to spray a few metres, rule, final spray to fill misses and move on, keeping the machine idle time to a minimum.

When mesh is bedded in top coat how would you keep the machine moving inbetween bedding in times ?

Silly questions which I know the best answer would be a third man to spray but it was hard enough finding one decent bloke.

Any input welcome.

J

Great post.

Good advice from the experienced machine guys there.

I went through the same thing. I think in training they have to emphasise MORE that you can't leave it too long In the pipes. KEY. Especially on the warmer days. It was mentioned, but the b*ll***s thats involved stripping the b*****d down mid hit is a cu#t.

Just the two of you, need all the help you can at the beginning, stick at it mate.

Saw these on YouTube a while ago, a two gang working with a similar set up to you

Best of luck.

Yea I’d say u need more guys, I have 4 minimum all the time. You want to get your labouer spraying as to be honest that’s the easy bit. Then you follow behind ruling of filling low spots. Then just get someone loading bags. You need it wetter to rule off so you want to get on it straight away. With more guys you’ll get it on so much quicker. Chuck some accelerator in there and you’ll have 100 bags done by 4!!

Thanks for all the replies
It seems I've been using a bit of all your techniques combined.

Spraying about 5 metres, rule, spray next 5 metres then drop back to fill in low spots.

Difference is now I'll try and get my lab to spray a light pass while I'm ruling.

It is difficult and I used to work in a gang of three experienced men. I did not appreciate how easy it really was until I went alone.

Great answers thank you!

Yea I’d say u need more guys, I have 4 minimum all the time. You want to get your labouer spraying as to be honest that’s the easy bit. Then you follow behind ruling of filling low spots. Then just get someone loading bags. You need it wetter to rule off so you want to get on it straight away. With more guys you’ll get it on so much quicker. Chuck some accelerator in there and you’ll have 100 bags done by 4!!
Hi Martin

Sound advice mate.

The trouble with rubbing up is the same. I'm on only one who can do it.

I need some serious training time with my lab but finding that time is hard.

Going to get him spraying, see if he lasts 3 months then get a bag dropper to keep things moving.

The joys.

J

Hi Martin

Sound advice mate.

The trouble with rubbing up is the same. I'm on only one who can do it.

I need some serious training time with my lab but finding that time is hard.

Going to get him spraying, see if he lasts 3 months then get a bag dropper to keep things moving.

The joys.

J
Yea I’d just get him spraying now mate, he should pick it up in s couple of days and if you’re on it straight away should be wet enough that you can flatten it in nicely.
Just get a lad on the bags.... pay him £60 a day job done. Then he can clean down and prep for the next day while u 2 run a bar over it and scrap. Honestly mate you’ll notice the difference with 3 or 4 of you.

Great post.

Good advice from the experienced machine guys there.

I went through the same thing. I think in training they have to emphasise MORE that you can't leave it too long In the pipes. KEY. Especially on the warmer days. It was mentioned, but the b*ll***s thats involved stripping the b*****d down mid hit is a cu#t.

Just the two of you, need all the help you can at the beginning, stick at it mate.

Saw these on YouTube a while ago, a two gang working with a similar set up to you

Best of luck.

f**k me i leave mine for 10 minutes lol ,does piss me off with all the wrong info going on ,just puts the lads off having an easy life with a machine ........still no money in it guys !

f**k me i leave mine for 10 minutes lol ,does piss me off with all the wrong info going on ,just puts the lads off having an easy life with a machine ........still no money in it guys !

Depends on who’s material and temperature Keith?

Parex on a hot day will not give you 10 minutes.

Johnstones might. Don’t know about Weber I used it once last year. Nice gear though.

Depends on who’s material and temperature Keith?

Parex on a hot day will not give you 10 minutes.

Johnstones might. Don’t know about Weber I used it once last year. Nice gear though.

Anyone doing much Johnstones ?

Do small jobs coz there delivery is non existent.

Slow setter but ok to use machine or hand.

No but used there clear sealant.

I've tried K rend a few times. And recently did a job in fassacouche but I hated it.

How does vimark compare

Closest comparison - maybe parex.

Longer working - open time.
Longer set.

Very nice though. Big bags too.

I'm not biased though, I'd use any of them three.

Only k rend if I really have to.

Closest comparison - maybe parex.

Longer working - open time.
Longer set.

Very nice though. Big bags too.

I'm not biased though, I'd use any of them three.

Only k rend if I really have to.
Maybe give it a go if it's cheaper than parex.

I tend to use Weber for same day scrape though.

Avoid fassacouche like the plague. I sprayed 40m2. Was on by 10am and still too wet by 6pm. When it was 26c

Also the s**t gets a solid solid skin which is still wet underneath when it does start to dry.

Is vimark cheap ?

Maybe give it a go if it's cheaper than parex.

I tend to use Weber for same day scrape though.

Avoid fassacouche like the plague. I sprayed 40m2. Was on by 10am and still too wet by 6pm. When it was 26c

Also the s**t gets a solid solid skin which is still wet underneath when it does start to dry.

Is vimark cheap ?

Depends on what you get parex for £.

Generally £1 or £2 less a bag I think.

Best ask @Bauwer or @Plasterers1StopShop they'd tell ya.

Hi all

Hoping for some input.

Any input welcome.

J

If you're struggling to keep up think about using a base coat before topping. Much easier for a two man team with one inexperienced member.

Beauty of it is base coats tend to be cheaper and you can base coat all day without worrying about stuff going off.

Next day is just a matter of topping off with no worries about meshing or anything as it's already done.

If you're struggling to keep up think about using a base coat before topping. Much easier for a two man team with one inexperienced member.

Beauty of it is base coats tend to be cheaper and you can base coat all day without worrying about stuff going off.

Next day is just a matter of topping off with no worries about meshing or anything as it's already done.

This would be ideal. And I always base coat my own jobs.

The problem comes on site work and for contractors who always go with direct application.

Anyway I'm sure all will be well when my guy gets better at spraying and I get a third man.

Anyone doing much Johnstones ?
We are back on johnstones for the next few jobs. Did weber last week and enewall up till then. You can still spray enewall late afternoon and scratch next morning its that slow

The price difference between parex and vimark is not much really. By memory was 1p per kg. Parex is 30kg bag, vimark 25kg.

And @Jamie Bishop

Not sure on the reasons, but the vimark I think worked out around 1.1m2 to 1.2m2 coverage for me. 25kg but biggish bags must be a lighter aggregate or something.

(Krend on the flipside must be way more dense 25kg but way smaller bags and i get just under a m2 most of the time.)

I think parex was 1.2m2 per 30kg

@Topspread16 m200 usually mate

I usually end up with 0.7-0.8m2 per bag . 1.2m2 per bag is way optimistic for me. The other difference- vimark sets slower than parex and will be great for using in summer without chasing your tale .

I usually end up with 0.7-0.8m2 per bag . 1.2m2 per bag is way optimistic for me. The other difference- vimark sets slower than parex and will be great for using in summer without chasing your tale .

Yes mate.

I thought at least for a few jobs it might suit @Jamie Bishop to use, so he's not too under pressure whilst getting used to his machine.