Spraying then rubbing thin coat

Members online

Andy M

Think I recall someone on here(possibly Rigsby)doing this?
Seems a good way to bang it on and less messy but customer likes the floated finish.
Is there a knack, ie 1 or 2 passes etc ,then rub a dub?

Seems a good way to bang it on and less messy but customer likes the floated finish.
Why less money? You have to buy the machine to spray it, someone has to pay for that and it’s not the plasterer

Ok,the job I'm on has no soffits fitted and no windows fitted.
TF building and a dream to spray but client wants floated finish rather than just left sprayed as they look different.

Do you mean a polymer thin coat system left flat and looking like a flat sand and cement rendered finish? Is it going to be painted?

No John, TC 15 k rend sprayed through hopper gun.Usually do 2 or 3 passes and leave it like that ,but there's some large areas and they want the plastic rubbed finish so thought of spraying in a heavy pass and floating as I go?

No John, TC 15 k rend sprayed through hopper gun.Usually do 2 or 3 passes and leave it like that ,but there's some large areas and they want the plastic rubbed finish so thought of spraying in a heavy pass and floating as I go?

Yes thats what I do, one thick pass then a swiss trowel to take off the surplus to a tight flat then rub up. Do it in thin multiple passes there is a risk of skinning.

Most of mine domestic jobs like plastic rubbed effect rather than sprayed effect,
Done a few through the hopper and then rubbed up,
I find it it quicker hand applying with someone following up floating large gable in an hour easy

Ditto,
Don’t like the sprayed finish of thin coat. Plenty of bodies makes for sound job hand applying and floating it up, even bigger stuff there’s breaks at gutters or compression joints.