squaring up the walls

Members online

MikeMaMan

Hi guys. I am on my first bathroom project. My walls are thermalite blocks and one wall is a brick wall. Tiles will be 600*300 10mm thick porcelain. Brick wall not exactly flat (deeps up to 10mm here and there), but overall level is not too bad. So i have two questions.
1. Should I render it with sand and cement or just use more adhesive?
2. I use dab n dot where i can, but i got to this corner where the walls are out of square by 45mm. Brick wall is parallel to the other wall, so i need to fix block wall. What would you guys recommend? I think of having plaster board on it before tiling. But can i dab n dot 45mm?

What do you guys suggest?

Regards. Mike.

Attachments

• InkedIMG_20190620_174102_LI.jpg
    InkedIMG_20190620_174102_LI.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 351
Hi guys. I am on my first bathroom project. My walls are thermalite blocks and one wall is a brick wall. Tiles will be 600*300 10mm thick porcelain. Brick wall not exactly flat (deeps up to 10mm here and there), but overall level is not too bad. So i have two questions.
1. Should I render it with sand and cement or just use more adhesive?
2. I use dab n dot where i can, but i got to this corner where the walls are out of square by 45mm. Brick wall is parallel to the other wall, so i need to fix block wall. What would you guys recommend? I think of having plaster board on it before tiling. But can i dab n dot 45mm?

What do you guys suggest?

Regards. Mike.
Dot and dab for speed or batten and cement board if shower is going there

I wouldn't use sand cement

Dab or fix to battens some hardibacker/aquapanel type stuff (water proof board)

You can tile onto it....no skim required

So if i make a wooden frame in the deep areas and fix hardiebacker where bath is and the rest will be plasterboard with dab and dot, will this be good move?
Should i sand/cement brick wall as well or just leave it as it is and tile straight onto it?

Do you have a link where to buy them in UK? I have tried to use standard mesh angle bead, by flattening it. But the result was s**t . Will do in my case. But I was unable to achieve plumb line. Maybe need a glue/filler (gyp 20 I used) behind all rail and not just patches like I had.

Do you have a link where to buy them in UK? I have tried to use standard mesh angle bead, by flattening it. But the result was s**t . Will do in my case. But I was unable to achieve plumb line. Maybe need a glue/filler (gyp 20 I used) behind all rail and not just patches like I had.