Step-by-step guide to Johnstone’s High Performance Render system

Members online

Did you know that you can now get the full range of Johnstone’s Trade Stormshield render systems from Johnstone’s Decorating Centres nationwide?

That means you can now conveniently get your hands on systems that have been specifically designed to perform whatever the job requires:
  • One Coat Render – A traditional one coat cement-based render
  • Scratch Render – A through-coloured render system finished with Traditional Scratch Render
  • High Flex Render – A highly flexible render system for use on render carrier boards
  • High Performance Render
Johnstone’s Trade Stormshield High Performance Render is a modern, high-technology system that can be used on a wide range of masonry substrates and provides the ultimate in flexibility and crack resistance.

Check out this step-by-step video about how the system works – and look out for some top tips along the way from yours truly!

I’ve been fixing external beads with these plastic plugs that you drill in . They are better than pink grip in my opinion . Only problem is because your fixing straight back to brick they follow the humps

I’ve been fixing external beads with these plastic plugs that you drill in . They are better than pink grip in my opinion . Only problem is because your fixing straight back to brick they follow the humps

we often stick the beads with ceramic tile adhesive, quick setting time and they go up straight.

that was how i was taught in my apprenticeship.
you get a lot of suction from a length of plaster cornice, ceramic tile adhesive gives you the time to carry out the task without drying out to quickly.
Gives you time to adjust, line up, you then pin it, thats how you make it seamsess. When set, even a earthquake would struggle to disslodge it. (Fitted ) Not finished though, thats another story, my new best pal x

Gives you time to adjust, line up, you then pin it, thats how you make it seamsess. When set, even a earthquake would struggle to disslodge it. (Fitted ) Not finished though, thats another story, my new best pal x
sounds good, i will give it a go. you been eating rustlers?