Straight to NVQ 3 OSAT

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffplast

I'm looking at doing the level 3 via OSAT, does anyone know if you can go straight to the level 3 without the level 2?
I going to give the local collages a call to ask but obviously there not open this time of year, thought someone on here might know?

No objection to doing the level 2, apart from its going to cost a small fortune to do both, plus I have a city & guilds from 7 year ago which is way more in-depth than the level 2.

Cheers.

As far as I am aware you can use tour City and Guilds to gain access to level 3. Ask on City and guilds or CITB site

is your city and guilds the plastering craft cert ?? if so, yes you can do the NVQ3 im sure...

If you only have level 1 C&G i think your going to have to get the level 2 first before being able to go for level3? As you say you have experience now etc you are probably best just going for the exam for level2 rather than weeks at college to save cost? Ring both citb and the college/centre where you did your level 1 ??:)

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

Yes, it's the craft cert.
I'm going to call the college once there open again and I'll let you's know what they say.

I'm not 100% sure on this but the C&G are not recognised for the CSCS card unless you were an indentured apprentice. If you do need to do your level 2 it should be free if you have not got a qual at that level.

Thanks everyone, I've spoke to a few training providers already, just waiting for Monday when I can speak to my local college. Once I know the answer I'll post here for all to see.

just do the experienced worker route. you get an interview to see what you know. You have to show your experience and might get a site assessment

Quick update for anyone interested,

I've spoke to a few colleges, private training providers and NVQ assessers, they have all informed me you can go straight to the level 3, no need to do the level 2 for someone who is experienced.
Level 2 however is funded, so for someone looking to get on site this would be the cheapest option.
If you want the level 3, it's going to cost you. So far I've been quested £1100-£1500 from colleges, and £2600!!! From one private training company.

Quick update for anyone interested,

I've spoke to a few colleges, private training providers and NVQ assessers, they have all informed me you can go straight to the level 3, no need to do the level 2 for someone who is experienced.
Level 2 however is funded, so for someone looking to get on site this would be the cheapest option.
If you want the level 3, it's going to cost you. So far I've been quested £1100-£1500 from colleges, and £2600!!! From one private training company.
Bloody hell Jeff that's a bit steep!?? When I did mine it was one day a week. Are you not liable for any funding or form of a grant? I thought this government was keen to train people and offer incentives etc??

Bloody hell Jeff that's a bit steep!?? When I did mine it was one day a week. Are you not liable for any funding or form of a grant? I thought this government was keen to train people and offer incentives etc??
They fund the level 2 mate as that's all you need to get into work, with the level 3 your on your own, this is for the OSAT route.

You can do a college course 1 day a week, buts that's the diploma, not the nvq and not really a option when your older and working.

Thats a bu*ger. So what now? Are you going to do it or not?

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

I will do it, no rush though I don't desperately need it. I'm only doing it for my own personal development mate.

They give NVQ;s away now anyway... city and guilds was a *******, if you failed the last exam, you had to sit the whole of your last year at college... my apprentice just had to fill forms in to get his NVQ;s right load of shite..

They give NVQ;s away now anyway... city and guilds was a *******, if you failed the last exam, you had to sit the whole of your last year at college... my apprentice just had to fill forms in to get his NVQ;s right load of shite..

Yep and expensive!

wasnt bad for the lad ( as I fukin payed..lol ) it was done over a couple of years at college, day release... i did an NVQ 2 years back at BG that was testing.. compared to now I think...

You should be payin around £800 for a level 3 and you can get a student loan to cover it. There is no funding for level 3 quals. Osat is your only option

hi im lookin at doin nvq2 but was told no funding but there is funding for nvq3 the 24+ funding thing. what was the funding
for nvq2 thanks

It was government funding to the course providers, depends what area your in, some colleges still fund it, others don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.