Strangers

Members online

algeeman

It’s A Boy
Got a call off a fella ..name came up on phone "Carl work"
10 minute conversation on how we're both getting on how's my brother is he busy am I busy still in Lytham who am I on for how busy he is.
Do I still like a bet
Carl still likes a bet
Can I knock out a plot for him at the weekend
I can't kids birthday.
Sorry I meant next weekend.
Maybe gis a ring Monday....with prices details.
Said our goodbyes .....
"Yep speak to ya Monday Carl mate"

Put the phone down and thought who the fuuck is Carl ??

10 minute conversation on how we're both getting on how's my brother is he busy am I busy still in Lytham who am I on for how busy he is.
Do I still like a bet
Carl still likes a bet
I can't kids birthday.
Said our goodbyes .....

He's the fella that wants the plot doing next weekend.

Do I still like a bet
Carl still likes a bet
I can't kids birthday.
Said our goodbyes .....

It's Carl, you know 'likes a bet' Carl. I bet you remember him now don't you?

Do I still like a bet
Carl still likes a bet
I can't kids birthday.
Said our goodbyes .....

It’s so awkward when that happens! Like when an old customer rings, that you worked for once years ago, and they expect you to remember them! :oops:

Had a similar situation before mate massive phone call knew everything about me. Was doing me ed in so i text him asking who he was after chatting about going gym n s**t f**k**g messy

Lol, I get this often...

....."Hi Oli it's Dave you plastered a room for me a couple of years ago, how are you ?"

..............."oh hi Dave, you'll have to remind me, memories fading as Im getting on haha"

........"ah it was the one with the ceiling and four walls....
........ah course

I don’t think he’d mind me saying he pm’d me yesterday and apologised. And whilst we may not be going for a pint anytime soon I appreciated the apology and think it’s only fair people know he did that

You don't drive a hard enough bargain.

Should have made him wear this for a week on his profile before you forgave him.

angry-bald-man-clipart-1.gif

I actually have that in person;... quite a few times I have had it and chatted away for ages... no idea who they were

The worst is when you bump into someone you know but cant remember their name. They've already said ',how's it going Chris' and asking loads of stuff about work, family, pastimes etc, and you're there, desperately racking ya brain and searching for their name and its just not coming. They f**k**g know it too when you finally finish conversing and you tell them that 'it was great to see you mate'.

I actually have that in person;... quite a few times I have had it and chatted away for ages... no idea who they were
I bumped into the same bloke twice, once viewing a house and once in the street, same thing.. knew my name blah blah and I knew his face, was driving me mad!! Eventually it pinged into my head, he’s the joiner from a job I was on! Sod’s law not seen him again since I worked it out

Do I still like a bet
Carl still likes a bet
I can't kids birthday.
Said our goodbyes .....

It will be Carl ing he wants to get you round his house to fill you in for having an affair with his wife Stella.

Yeah the directions thing pissed me off... especially when th3y say.... you the bus stop on the corner of... I am like no

Just give me the god dam post code and we will work it out from there

Its as bad as when they wont stop giving directions . Like you know everywhere. JUST GIVE ME YE FRICKING POST CODE

Ha. Try being me.

I live at the bottom of the Inishowen Peninsula, which runs up the side of the Foyle, separates Donegal from Derry. (notice it's designation on the map. Londonderry Derry....for anyone who's not familiar with why that is, the protestant name for it is Londonderry but the catholic people object to the London bit and to avoid causing offence if you're neutral, you have to call it Londonderryderry. Or Derrylondonderry ... at which point the Irishman will probably tell you the right way it should be called.....ffs unless he's British.

1537428541401.png

Spectacular it may be, but the only civilised road runs round the bottom of the jaggedy bit. North of that it about 70km of this.

inishowen-peninsula-bg.jpg

Postcodes only came in here a couple of years ago and nobody uses them. There's no signal up that way anyway for Satnav, and not a roadsign to be had anywhere so we have converstations like this.

'Do ye know Buncrana?'
'Not really, but I'll find it'
'Aye right, well, ye come in as though you were goin out because ye can't see it the on the way in, but by the auld prayer stone'
'The wat?'
'The prayer stone just outside Buncrana on the way in but from the North when you're going out'
'What's a prayer stone?'
'It's by Saint Teresa's church. It's for praying'
'I'm English.'
'Aye I know, that's why I'm having such a hard time understanding ye.'
'But I don't know what a praying stone is.'
'Well never mind, there's a farm a bit further on. Patrick McNalty's place. He's a red car outside it usually.'
'Would it be easier to find the church?
'No, that's not there any more. It's just the stone now.'
'So I'm looking for Patrick McNaltiy's red car?'
'Sure no. If ye see that, ye've gone wrong.'
Tear-your-hair-out.jpg

Last edited:
Ha. Try being me.

I live at the bottom of the Inishowen Peninsula, which runs up the side of the Foyle, separates Donegal from Derry. (notice it's designation on the map. Londonderry Derry....for anyone who's not familiar with why that is, the protestant name for it is Londonderry but the catholic people object to the London bit and to avoid causing offence if you're neutral, you have to call it Londonderryderry. Or Derrylondonderry ... at which point the Irishman will probably tell you the right way it should be called.....ffs unless he's British.

View attachment 26509

Spectacular it may be, but the only civilised road runs round the bottom of the jaggedy bit. North of that it about 70km of this.

inishowen-peninsula-bg.jpg

Postcodes only came in here a couple of years ago and nobody uses them. There's no signal up that way anyway for Satnav, and not a roadsign to be had anywhere so we have converstations like this.

'Do ye know Buncrana?'
'Not really, but I'll find it'
'Aye right, well, ye come in as though you were goin out because ye can't see it the on the way in, but by the auld prayer stone'
'The wat?'
'The prayer stone just outside Buncrana on the way in but from the North when you're going out'
'What's a prayer stone?'
'It's by Saint Teresa's church. It's for praying'
'I'm English.'
'Aye I know, that's why I'm having such a hard time understanding ye.'
'But I don't know what a praying stone is.'
'Well never mind, there's a farm a bit further on. Patrick McNalty's place. He's a red car outside it usually.'
'Would it be easier to find the church?
'No, that's not there any more. It's just the stone now.'
'So I'm looking for Patrick McNaltiy's red car?'
'Sure no. If ye see that, ye've gone wrong.'
Tear-your-hair-out.jpg
Looks mint but local work must be tight lol

• Agree
Reactions: Djr