taping and jointing

Members online

Are you talking about dry lining? Big areas can be faster but slower on small areas.

Physically easier though. I prefer the tape, first joint fill then airless spray.

Are you talking about dry lining? Big areas can be faster but slower on small areas.

Physically easier though. I prefer the tape, first joint fill then airless spray.
Aye, agree with the areas deliberation. Definatlyhas its uses ! Allways use powdered joint cement though, joint filler on externals for strength . Never tryed airless spray, any info ? Cheers

yes mate drying lining on.schools and colleges new builds ..on these jobs u have metal stud walls big areas . people jump on the metal and boarding work but don't want to do the s**t skimming work like me .they just want to do the clean work so just thinging about taping and joint ing course for a change .the thing is how many meter do u need to do to make it quickly than skimming. let's say u have to skim a 50 sqmeter wall or tape and joint 50sq meter wall which method would be quicker cheers.

yes mate drying lining on.schools and colleges new builds ..on these jobs u have metal stud walls big areas . people jump on the metal and boarding work but don't want to do the s**t skimming work like me .they just want to do the clean work so just thinging about taping and joint ing course for a change .the thing is how many meter do u need to do to make it quickly than skimming. let's say u have to skim a 50 sqmeter wall or tape and joint 50sq meter wall which method would be quicker cheers.
If you want to get into it full time you need the right gear, gun etc , I have only ever done it by hand, better job imo , more solid job. One thing to consider is the sanding, f**k**g horrible. Pretty boring to do it every day too depends what your needs are though.

If you want to get into it full time you need the right gear, gun etc , I have only ever done it by hand, better job imo , more solid job. One thing to consider is the sanding, f**k**g horrible. Pretty boring to do it every day too depends what your needs are though.
would not want to do it by hand .would want to use the machines and sanding machines and that sound good what rigsby said about a spray coat

can't be has boring as skimming all day going brain dead

can't be has boring as skimming all day going brain dead
Have seen the sanding machine's on YouTube , mainly an American thing, apparently dustless, it is f**k**g boring though, at least with skimming you are working something to your best ability. Lots of work available for it though, the money,'s not bad too , know a couple of tapers.

I went on the British Gypsum dry lining course then at Carlisle in the mid 80’s. Half a week on hand jointing then another 3 days on the Ames Taping machine which I hired from BG.

Unless its fast set then it can take as long as skimming. But thats 80’s talk maybe it’s changed now. Theres a lad in Essex Curry I think his name is who does the airless system and he does training with I think Knauf or whatever makes plaster board these days. Sod skimming it knackers your joints up.

I went on the British Gypsum dry lining course then at Carlisle in the mid 80’s. Half a week on hand jointing then another 3 days on the Ames Taping machine which I hired from BG.

Unless its fast set then it can take as long as skimming. But thats 80’s talk maybe it’s changed now. Theres a lad in Essex Curry I think his name is who does the airless system and he does training with I think Knauf or whatever makes plaster board these days. Sod skimming it knackers your joints up.
Will have a gander , cheers.

Lafarge fast set and pure velvet was good for fill/finish but that BG premixed joint cement was rubbish. I remember a site where they just used the BG premixed for fill and finish it took a dog's age cos its an air drying compound.